Network Problems

Hi guys.

I’ve been scratching my head for ages now trying to figure out what this problem is.

I initially thought it was my yeelight bulbs and thought about replacing them, but thought it I’d look into it a little more.

You’ll see the top 6 are the yeelights. Then you’ve got the bottom one, which is the LGTV.

Yeelights are WiFi and the TV is hardwired in. All components have static IP addresses.

What happens is, is during the “yellow” events shown in the image, the bulbs go “unavailable”, which I thought they weren’t accessible. However, during this 30second-1minute period, they are pingable and accessible through the Yeelight App.

Also, the LG TV was on(playing) the whole time during the green period(s).

My Hassio Pi is plugged directly into the router also.

Has anyone had issues like this before? I’m using the latest version, have very few addons(SMB, SSH, LetsEncrypt) but not sure where to go from here. I’d rather not install HA from scratch but this is driving me mad.

What router are you using?
How far away are these devices?
On router, can you see the signal strength of these devices? (is is less than -75dbm, like -80)

Could be disconnects from router.
Apartment Complex? Maybe local interference.

Semi Detached house, changed wifi channel etc, still makes no difference, like I say it happens to the hard wired stuff too.

I’ve tried 2 routers, a technicolor router provided by ISP and a Draytek 2820 that I borrowed from work.

Some devices are in the same room as the pi. Some are on the 3rd floor.

None of it makes any sense I must admit.

time of day related? (happens at random times or specific time)
bandwidth issue? (maybe something on network continuously downloading, anyway to check/monitor network traffic and usage)

pihole is quickest way to get network insite (at least dns query which may provide hint)
if you can install in docker you can have it up in a few minutes.

may disconnect nonessential one by one each day to see if condition change.

I suspect some device on network is knocking a traffic off or creating some issue.