Network Scanner Integration that shows list of devices in your network

Unless something has changed it is not configurable in configuration.yaml. you need to enter that info on the config flow.

Thank-you missed that - fixed now and working appreciated
cheers

1 Like

Does this support scanning multiple subnets?

Iā€™d really want this to be able to scan each VLAN in my network (each on a different subnet) so I can get a readout of every device on each.

Yes it does.

1 Like

Great to hear - thanks for confirming.

How would we go about configuring multiple subnets in the configuration file - is that through the ā€œmultiple attemptsā€ configuration thatā€™s shown a few replies back?

When you configure the integration you simply add as many network addresses as you like.

1 Like

Is there no file that I can edit the various devices manually? Do I have to do this directly when integrating the Network scanner?

OK - I was looking more for direction on the syntax to enable mutliple subnets.

Would I use this:

network_scanner:
ip_range: 192.168.1.0/24
ip_range: 192.168.2.0/24
ip_range: 192.168.3.0/24

Or something like this:

ip_range: 192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24,192.168.3.0/24

Or neither and something else altogether?

Unfortunately you canā€™t configure via a file.

Hello everyone,
is it possible that this integration does not identify all the devices?
There are currently 21 devices online in my test network and I can see them with other specific tools.
However, this integration only identifies 15ā€¦
Does anyone else have the same problem?
Can anyone give me suggestions on this issue?

Thanks

Hello! Thanks for the integration!

Iā€™m not able to see vendor or hostname, I get device unknown.

Is there something I need to do for this to work?

Tried adding ā€œā€“privilegedā€ in the arguments from sensor.py but that didā€™nt work

def scan_network(self):
        """Scan the network and return device information."""
        self.nm.scan(hosts=self.ip_range, arguments='--privileged -sn')

Hi,
Could anyone offer some help installing this component please? Iā€™ve tried both the HACS GUI and the manual route extracting files into the custom_components folder without success.

The HACS GUI route appears to work as the dialog box where you enter the github path as it lists the component after clicking add. However, the HACS screen doesnā€™t list it after closing the dialog - there isnā€™t a network_scanner folder either.

Trying the manual route does nothing.

The only possible clue is a warning in the log saying
ā€œ2024-08-12 20:06:36.283 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.json] json_loads was called from hacs, this is a deprecated function which will be removed in HA Core 2025.8. Use homeassistant.util.json.json_loads instead, please create a bug report at Issues Ā· hacs/integration Ā· GitHubā€

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

J