New Add-On: Advanced Code Server

Hi all,

over a year ago I forked the Home Assistant Community Add-on: Studio Code Server repository because I missed some for me quite important features.

It all started with adding the Debian Cron daemon to be able to automate my Home Assistant backup to a remote storage.

Over time some more features and preinstalled packages were added, just for convenience:

• Host Docker access
  • Material Design icons (because I like the style)
  • Github Theme
  • Tailscale
  • Cloudflared
  • Rclone

The most important and most flexible feature was to add support for creating custom cont-init and services scripts (inspired by the Linuxserver.io docker images). This means that there is now the possibility to run additional micro-services in the add-on (If you are familiar with Shell). Only sky is the limit… :wink:

For the sake of safety, I should mention that the add-on’s capabilities can break the system if used incorrectly. Thus, the add-on is probably only suitable for experienced users who know what they are doing. That’s why I didn’t decide on a publication at first and now chose the name Advanced Code-Server.

If you are still interested here is the link to the add-on, there you will also find the repository to add in Home Assistant.