The Prometheus Node Exporter for hardware and OS metrics exposed by *NIX kernels.
- Add my repository. The URL is
- Search for the “Prometheus Node Exporter” add-on in the Supervisor add-on store and install it.
- Disable “Protection mode” in the add-on panel.
- Start the add-on.
- Check the logs of the add-on to see if everything went well.
- To verify the metrics are available, visit
http://your_home_assistant_ip_address:9100/metricsin your browser, or use curl
curl -X GET http://your_home_assistant_ip_address:9100/metrics.
Add the following to the
/etc/prometheus/prometheus.yml config file on your Prometheus server:
scrape_configs: ... ... ... - job_name: 'homeassistant' static_configs: - targets: ['your_home_assistant_ip_address:9100']
The following Prometheus query should return data:
Authors & contributors
- [ ] The “Open Web UI” button doesn’t work when Home Assistant is behind a reverse proxy.
- [ ] Only tested on
- Doesn’t Home Assistant already have Prometheus integration?
- Yes, but the official integration only exposes entity-related metrics, not host-related metrics.
- Isn’t there already an Prometheus add-on?
- Yes, but that add-on is for Prometheus server, not the node exporter.
- Why does this add-on require so many permissions?
- The add-on needs to access to host-level metrics (CPU, memory, disk, etc…). As such, I have requested all possible permissions. Please inspect the code of this add-on before you run it.