[New Addon] DSS Monocle Gateway

Do you know Monocle?
Monocle is a gateway service that enables seamless integration of your private IP-based network cameras with smart home automation services such as Amazon Alexa®.

The Monocle Gateway is a small service that runs on your local network to coordinate communication, encryption and security between your Alexa enabled devices and local IP cameras. When using the Monocle Gateway service, all camera steaming communication (RTSP) is securely routed through the Monocle Gateway service via SSL/TLS encrypted communication on HTTPS port 443.

This is my new add-on and allows you to run Monocle Gateway to your aarch64/amd64 Home Assistant installation.

Let me know what do you think about and if you will find it useful! I use it to view my IP Cam on my Echo Show devices and on my Firestick Key enabled TV

2 Likes

Thats’s great. Just have another Pi just to run Monocle. Will give it a try immediately. :+1:

Installed it and entered the token. But when I start the add on I get the following error message:

[Info] Starting addon...
[Info] monocle.token file was successfully created...
[Info] Starting Monocle Gateway service...
/run.sh: line 24: /usr/local/bin/monocle-gateway: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

What kind of host machine you use? It will not run on a Raspberry/arm processor…

Damnit, it will not run on an arm processor!

Monocle staff had promised that they will recompile executables for ARM processor, but after many months and many requests, I must waited switch my host at an x64 platform to make and run this add-on

Shouldn’t this:

https://monoclecam.com/monocle-gateway/install/linux-arm

or this one work:

https://monoclecam.com/monocle-gateway/install/linux-raspi

Hello,
Very interested in your ADDON to use it with my cameras and my Echo Show, but it is not compatible with my Home assistant which is installed on a VM in ARM64. Is there a possibility for this to work?
Thank you

Unfortunately Monocle Gateway is a closed source program and developer has not yet released an ARM64 version.

I’m sorry, I can’t build this add-on for other platforms

Ok, thanks for your feedback. As I saw on the “Monocle” site that there is an installation procedure for Linux ARM64, I thought it was possible.

Sorry, I’m not a linux advanced user, this make me to think that it’s not possible.

But if you can install and run (thru an SSH connection to Hassio) the Monocle Gateway executables, it mean that’s possible. Please try it and tell me how you have archieved this!

I got totally lost in the end - does this integration actually work? I’m running HA on x86_64 platform and I don’t see this in the Add-on Store. Any instruction on how to install pls?

-San

Have you added my repository to your add-on sources?

You’ll need this to view and install every third part Add-ons

Hi, it’s working now.
I was entering incorrect repo link, hence it was giving error. All good now.

-S

1 Like

Looking at a new HA rig, will this work with a Intel based platform?

Yes, it should

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

What does this error mean:

Failed to install add-on
The command '/bin/ash -o pipefail -c apk update && apk add --no-cache wget curl libstdc++ nano net-tools openssl ca-certificates' returned a non-zero code: 3

I was trying to install it on my HA setup which runs in a Proxmox VM on i7 hardware

Reboot i7 & check disk space/your system

Linux was unable to update itself

Try also to run these commands from a shell so you can read full error logs

apk update
apk add --no-cache wget curl libstdc++ nano net-tools openssl ca-certificates

I am trying to get this running, but nginx ssl proxy is currently taking up port 443. I am guessing is this more of a nabu casa cloud homeassistant only type addon? I didn’t know if there was a way to expose another port then route it back to the container on 443?

https://monoclecam.com/monocle-gateway/prerequisites#network-acessibility

Sorry