[New Addon] DSS VoIP Notifier: a way to make VoIP call from Hassio

Hi!

I’ve made my FIRST addon for Hassio: DSS VoIP Notifier

This add-on allows you to make VoIP calls from Hassio ad provides a way to transform a text in a audio file, make a VoIP call to a SIP url and play them to the attendee.

Let me know what do you think about and if you will find it useful!

Bye
SDeSalve

1 Like

Hi,

I’m just testing this and I think it is awesome!

I was just wondering if it was possible to let hassio hang-up the call after it played the message?

I would like to play a message to my SIP enabled doorbell after someone pressed it. The doorbell automatically picks up when it gets called, but doesn’t hang-up automatically. Which results in the message keeps repeating over and over…

Thanks!

I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s possible: PjSUA is executed asynchronously and addon don’t know when call was answered. It will know only exit status.

I suggest you to

• decrease call duration (eg. to 10 seconds) (set max_call_time option)
  • create a 15 seconds mp3 file and play it with audio_file_url options. Obviously last seconds can be silence and visitor don’t hear anything…

Let me know if this way will meet your needs and resolve your problem.

bye

Thanks! Will try to play with max_call_time.

Having a brain block as to where to put the configuration stuff. Does it go in the main configuration.yaml?

Thanks. It was in front of my face. Doh!

Hi SDesalve.
Thanks a lot for your contribution. Very interesting add-on. Unfortunately I’m ussing hassbian (not hass.io) and I was wondering whether is possible to map or install in hassbian your add-on, designed for hass.io.
I’m not an expert at all not only in HA but also in Linux and I apologize in case it would be easy to “map”, but I have been looking for information on that and I have not been able to find anything.
I would appreciate a lot if you can confirm if there is some way to enjoy your fantastic add-on in hassbian.
Regards.

No, add-ons is only for Hassio. But, You can make a bash script to run pjsua and place a call…

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I’m “junior” in scripting but I will investigate on it. Doesn’t matter if I can’t use it because it’s designed for hassio, congratulations for your good job and contribution.

Please see pjsua man and set proxy option according your provider requisites.

In your PC config I see proxy…