[New Addon] Pentair Screenlogic

v1.11 released. Main change is dynamically loading circuits.

Hi! Your code did not really pass over to HomeAssistant Core for me so I reworked it a bit to run as a docker container and report to HA Core. It still requires an MQTT broker.

Essentially, I moved it to two running scripts. “montior.sh” which runs the send_state_to_ha.js every one second to report states to HA. Then I modified jpmens mqtt-launcher python script to monitor MQ topics for commands from HA to execute the set_circuit.js script and a few heater ones I added.

I also added functionality for climate controls for a pool and/or spa heater.

Pentair-ha-bridge

Let me know if you have any feedback. I’d appreciate any you have since this is kind of my first stab at something like this.I also don’t have an IntelliChem so I cant test any of that.

Fantastic stuff. I took some of what you did to add functionality to the addon. You can now set up thermostat devices in HA to represent the heaters for the pool/spa. With that you can change the heater state and the temperature setpoint. Thanks for the contribution!

How can I setup to turn on and set the heater? By the way, my system says no salt cell but I have one and for the first time the Salt PPM is showing up on the entity card. Thank you for all the awesome work.

Look in configuration-entries.yaml. That has some sample configuration.

Yep, I’m a little slow… got it. Now, How do we setup changing the light colors?

First, awesome work! Second, can you add:
console.log('pentair/orp/state,' + status.orp);
to send_state_to_ha.js on line 38ish after .ph? I didn’t want to do a whole PR for one line. I edited it locally and it works great to report orp.

Do you know if there is an easy way to track pump rpm or GPM?

No problem. What is ORP?

from: https://www.intheswim.com/eGuides/OxidationReductionPotential

“Oxidation Reduction Potential, often shortened to the acronym ORP, is a measurement of chlorine’s ability to oxidize contaminants in the pool water. ORP was adopted in 1971 by the World Health Organization as a standard test for drinking water treatment, and has been used to improve pool sanitation for over 40 years.”

Basically it is a calculation of the ability of the chemicals in your pool to disinfect the water.

For example, in my pool, we aim to keep an ORP of 650, less than 500 and it gets cloudy, etc. I believe it is reported by the Intellichem system through the sensors.

So I have a graph set up to monitor the ORP, if it drops below a certain amount I check what is wrong…(and assume cloudy water).

Cool. I have it in 1.17. I don’t have an IntelliChem so I can’t test. Will release soon after testing another feature.

Is there a way to tune the frequency of MQTT transmissions? If not, can that be added?

That could potentially be added. What frequency are you looking for?

Looks like right now it’s 10s - I was thinking more like 20 of 30s for my needs? I mostly use it for the sensors, e.g. as read-only.

Naive question – I just installed a pentiar system with Intelicenter… from what i understand, the successor to screenlogic. Will this addon work with intelicenter?

Maybe? I don’t know if IntelliCenter and ScreenLogic use the same API. I would suggest installing the addon and testing it.

I am getting two errors after installation and config.
I already have MQTT running on my Synology and works with my generator. So I know it is configured correctly as a broker. I am however not seeing any Pentair topics?

I can see the information from the Screenlogic adapter listing states and temp etc however the error I get after a minute or so in the Pentair Screenlogic log file is

Error: Operation timed out
MQTT Client exited with non-zero status

Ok I fixed the following error by installing the MQTT Integration. I am however still getting the first timeout error and no data for sensors…?

I am new to HASS so please excuse the stupid question here. Can just copied the info from config-entries.yaml directly into my config.yaml file.

I am currently getting the following error: (now solved after MQTT integration install)

Following integrations and platforms could not be set up

mqtt
mqtt switch
mqtt climate
mqtt sensor

Thanks in advance.

Any luck getting this figured out? I seem to be having the same issue. It connects to the MQTT server and I copied the switches and sensors into my yaml, but nothing shows. When I look around in my SMB share I don’t see a Pentair folder in custom components. Should I have a folder in there?

@osufnl499 You won’t see a folder in custom_components because this is not a component/integration. It is an addon.

@farberm It sounds like there is a still an issue with your MQTT broker. Can you use an MQTT snooper app to see if there is any traffic being sent back and forth?

Ok I figured it out. I use MQTT explorer and see the values updating. The documentation shows a leading “/” under each sensor (/pentair/pooltemp/state) but when it reports it doesn’t have the leading /. I updated all the sensors and now I can see them in HA, but can’t figure out how to control anything from HA or MQTT explorer. For example:

“pentair/heater/pool/mode/state = off” in MQTT explorer. If I change it to on (raw) and publish it, it changes it for a second then goes back to off.