Simple Scheduler Addon

Thank you very much !!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Because of this add-on, I came back to HASS
You are thinking of developing this feature
TIMER - LOOP TIMER
Bad English, Thanks You :heart_eyes:

Thanks so much for this addon - one less thing to write automations for…

Are the next run time or day available to display on Dashboards?

For example I am using this to schedule irrigation valves - it would be good if I could pull the next scheduled turn-on time for a specific switch on my Irrigation lovelace dashboard tab…

Plaz

1 Like

Finally a simple scheduler! Thanks. I have always wondered why there wasnt something like this as part of HA as there are so many use cases. Tasmota have had a good schedule for years but would prefer the schedule in HA so I can build better automatons. I tried to build one but never got the UI sorted. This looks great.

1 Like

@ArthurDent1975 i installed this today and what a great work!!! Thanks for fulfilling a missing part of HA…

As i know you previously said that in order to change service.turn_on and service.turn_off to service.open_cover and service.close_cover requires too much work and major code change. I was thinking to myself what if a “covers only” version of Simple Scheduler exists; will it require too much work? I thought the service change will take place like instead of:

$command_url = $HASSIO_URL . "/services/" . $domain[0] . "/turn_" . $action;
$command_url = $HASSIO_URL . "/services/" . $domain[0] . "/".$action."_cover" ;

and of course some other changes to read covers only. I understand that having both service.turn.on and service.open_cover residing in the same code will be a major headache; so that’s why i thought maybe a “covers only” version may do the work. May i kindly get your opinions on this? Thanks again…

1 Like

Hey, this is really great! It’s surprising no one had invented this until now - I guess people like writing YAML each time they want to automate lights turning on or off…

A couple of suggestions for the UI:

The way of inputting time could maybe use something like Lovelace: Time Picker Card

When viewing a schedule entry, the red and green circles for day are very nice. When choosing which days, it would look very nice to be able to click on the same circles, instead of checkboxes.

Finally, it would feel more integrated and be easier to use if the hamburger menu button didn’t disappear when the sidebar is in ‘always hidden’ mode. If you look at the HACS integration, they figured out how to do this. The issue is that clicking the back button in the browser doesn’t work very well as it runs back through everything you have done in the scheduler…

Thanks again, and I’ve bought you a beer !

Brandon

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions.
You are not the first one and you won’t be the last one to ask me to replace the checkbox with the circles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
This is already on my mind, but the real reason is that “clicking the circles” is not a real HTML form element, but it is emulated with javascript. This means that in some browser or after some device/browser update, it won’t work. The checkboxes are pure HTML, and they will work forever.
Same story for the “time input”.
I also thought (because this is how it works for me) that once you set/create a scheduler, you hardly edit it. So it is so much effort and risk for a “one-time” input.
Hope you understand the reasons.

Thank you so much and cheers!

It’s always the way with coding that ‘easy to say’ isn’t ‘easy to do’!!

One thing I noticed on the time input this morning was that it doesn’t work if you miss the leading zero on the hour. I tried a timer for 9:30 and it didn’t fire, whereas 09:35 (second try, 5 minutes later), did work.

Thanks again for this great tool - for me it is an essential part of home automation and should be part of the core package.

Hi @ArthurDent1975,

My question maybe dumb, but is it possible to install your add-on on regular home-assistant as well? I could only find hass.io guidelines. It would be interesting as hass.io wont be pon the horizon for long with HA Core being the focus.

I am running docker based home-assistant, and would like to know how can i add your simple scheduler. Also I consider myself an avid developer, so i would like to also contribute in the future to your project.

Thanks,
Gyula

1 Like

Not sure where you got that idea. Hassio (now just called Home Assistant) is here to stay.

Thanks @tom_l, in that case how can I add this add on on my hass ? I have the latest 0.110 docker container, but it doesnt have menu points like add-ons. So I am lost on how to enable this feature.

Not sure sorry. I run Home Assistant. It is only a docket container though. So it should be possible.

Phantastic work. Thank you!

I really like the week scheduler of my (commercial) KNX visualization. It allows to see a week schedule and you can send multiple values based on the schedule (e.g. on/off like Simple Scheduler or 1,2,3 or strings like “comfort”,“sleep”, “night”, “off”). This makes is a universal week scheduler.
This is how it looks like:
Overview:

Detail view:

Edit view:

Any plans to turn Simple Scheduler into a generic week scheduler?

Ciao,
Gagga

3 Likes

The HA API allow to “turn on” o “turn off” to HA (let’s call it) “objects” that understand this kind of action.
Basically is what you find in “services” under “development tools”
When you say “sending values”, to what service are you referring to?

Hm. I think you are right. I was thinking too much in Node-Red terms or the way my KNX gateway works, where you can for example send whatever you want in msg.payload.
For a Home Assistant scheduler it probably would make most sense to call any type of Service to make it a generic scheduler.

Hi,
I have tried install but got “Failed to install addon, [object Object]”
I am using ver 0.15

Very odd. The installation is straight forward…
Have you tried to reboot HA before install? Maybe there is something that hangs

Hi,
Could you add time zone support? I care a lot about it in my country (Poland), the add-in doesn’t work at the moment … :frowning:

Actually, this add-on supports timezones.
You have to set the timezone in the HA settings.
HA → Settings → General

It would be great if there was a way to give each schedule a description as well. I am trying to use it primarily to set the temperature of my central heating thermostat and with having different schedules depending on day of the week it gets really confusing given the device name is always the same :slight_smile: