New apcupsd Hass.io add-on

Hello Koryl!

I live in Brazil and I bought a APC UPS 1500, its seems like its not compatible with your app, here is a little info that I collected:

APC USB SERIAL CONVERTER (Windows USB Name)

hassio name:
/serial/by-id/usb-APC_BY-SCHNEIDER_ELECTRIC_APC_USB_SERIAL_CONVERTER.-if00

Logs:
Sep 12 21:19:22 a722577e-apcupsd syslog.info syslogd started: BusyBox v1.30.1
Sep 13 00:19:22 a722577e-apcupsd daemon.notice apcupsd[6]: apcupsd 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) unknown startup succeeded
Sep 13 00:19:32 a722577e-apcupsd daemon.info apcupsd[6]: NIS server startup succeeded

Response on sensor:

I get ā€œUPS Status COMMLOSTā€ on both windows and hassio using your app.

Thanks in Advance,

-Tony

Hi all, Iā€™m using the APC UPS Daemon add-on with success, but I do not understand why Iā€™m unable to run sudo apcaccess command from the ssh terminal:

For sure Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦ any ideas?

Hello, everyone. Due to a lack of time Iā€™ve decided to archive this add-on. I suggest migrating to the NUT add-on which is well-supported and better integrated into Home Assistant. You can read more in the README.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me support this add-on over the past few years.

1 Like

Hi Kory,
NUT does not provide so many information, and for some reason, it is inaccurate for me.
Is there anyway to download your custom apcupsd, even you archived ?
PS: I had it before, and worked very fine. I changed my environment, and unfortunately did not saved.
thanks in advance,

You could try this add-on:

well, thank you dave. i have nut for my other apc, which is brazilian standard. But NUT does not work so well. apcupsd has many more information and it is more precise.
that is why I asked.

Ah ok, sorry, I mis-read your post.

1 Like

Tony, you must use NUT. NUT has driver for microsol UPS type, which is the brazilizan model

The repository is still available here, Iā€™m just not updating it. I was able to follow my old instructions and install the network version of the add-on. I didnā€™t try the USB version since NUT is managing the USB for me.

Iā€™d say just give it a try.

1 Like

Thank you Kory. I finally was able to install it.
Unfortunately, my home assistant canā€™t reach the USB, I am getting COMMLOST

Well, I rolled back to NUT.

Best Regards,