New Aqara door sensors connection problem with zigbee

Hi guys, got some of these delivered yesterday, trying to pair them with zigbee2mqtt like I did with my older aqara sensors, these seem to be the new e1 type. Getting the error message in the log saying they ain’t supported.

‘’‘Zigbee2MQTT:warn 2021-10-30 22:14:37: permit_join set to true in configuration.yaml.
Zigbee2MQTT:warn 2021-10-30 22:14:37: Allowing new devices to join.
Zigbee2MQTT:warn 2021-10-30 22:14:37: Set permit_join to false once you joined all devices.
Zigbee2MQTT:warn 2021-10-30 22:15:17: Received message from unsupported device with Zigbee model ‘lumi.magnet.acn001’ and manufacturer name ‘LUMI’’’

Any ideas or videos on how I can add these? Is there a hub you can connect to HA, that would support these?

Anyone else had any experiences? Or could point me in the right direction. I’m a bit lost. :tired_face:

1 Like

Probably best if you ask on the z2m forum or github. Double check if the Aqara sensor you have is in the list of supported devices. Usually it doesn’t take to much effort to add a new one and have it supported in the next z2m release.

If they are the E1, there is a long thread on github :

This is not isolated to Zigbee2MQTT. I’ve received the E1 model sensors today as well and they pair to ZHA but show up as a null device. I’ve been unsuccessful in getting these to function with ZHA so far.

I confirm the same with Deconz!

1 Like

According to the Zigbee2MQTT thread, it should work with Deconz if you flash the latest firmware on your Conbee.

A solution has been found. But you need to update your coordinator. Firmware can be found in the last messages on the above linked github topic.
Final firmware will be released 1 December.

Honestly … I don’t understand where to get the patch to flash in conbeeII

Neither the recording of the last Firmware to Conbee II did not help to make the door sensor to report as supported. I hope that a UPDATE will come out on December 1.

This one: DeCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26720700.bin.GCF ?

I have received couple of these sensors very recently - the exact model is MCCGQ14LM (E1 version). They are not recognized properly using Conbee II and deCONZ/Phoscon:

I saw github issue and it should work in next release.

I run my Deconz as a docker and I also had problems with the new version MCCGQ14LM of the Aqara Door/Window sensors. But after I migrated from the existing Deconz image (marthoc/deconz) to the new image (GitHub - deconz-community/deconz-docker), the Phoscon Software was finally able to find and add the new sensors. But it didnt update the Status correctly. So after adding a new sensor you have to wait ~5 min and then restart the whole container and then you get those instant updates from the open/closed state. Now I am able to use the new sensors in HA.

according to this page Conbee II firmware needs to be updated to this version (0x26720700) however since I run deconz as addon could not find any solution doing it manually.

Unfortunately phoscon web ui does not see the versions after 26660700 on home assistant

I am struggling with the same issue for weeks now. Just tried to pair one of those again but neither deconz nor ZHA addons would recognize it. I read in Aqara E1 Door & Window Sensor (MCCGQ14LM) · Issue #5403 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub that with the newest firmware 2.13.02 the device will be recognized. So I installed a native Deconz on another SD card and updated my Conbee II stick manually to 2.13.02 following GitHub - dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin: deCONZ REST-API plugin to control ZigBee devices.

In native Deconz I was then seeing firmware 2.13.02 being installed and I was finally able to pair my Aqara E1 door & window sensor easily. But when I got back to HA the Deconz addon still said 2.12.06 was installed and pairing did not work.

Desperate as I am I have then downloaded a backup from my native deconz (i. e. phoscon gateway) and tried to restore it in the HA add on. The backup could successfully be installed but the door & window sensor did not show up and pairing wasn’t possible whatsoever.

I just don’t know how to proceed now. There a plenty of threads on github and here as well but most of them are closed saying the new firmware does help it. Regarding native Deconz this is 100% correct but what about the HA addon? Will there be an update?

I have looked for creating a new feature request on home assistant github pages related to update need for deconz addon but unfortunately could not do it for somehow. Appeatantly there is very solid and straightforward solution which is deconz add on homeassistant needs an update.

Does that mean the addon team are not aware that it needs an update?

it seems so

Guys you have to be aware that support for some new devices has to be added to coordinator firmware first. Once supported, the messages might properly processed by the coordinator allowing overlaying software (deconz, zha, z2m) to handle that.

In other words, the incompatibility cannot be always resolved by developers of z2m nor zha

1 Like

Once you realize that the addon and the stand alone version are having different strategies regarding updates, this is easy to understand. Speaking of myself it took me weeks to gather and understand all the information that finally brought me to enlightenment. Especially differentiating between Conbee, Deconz, Phoscon, Firmware and Software wasn’t easy. And when I recap after having learned these things now, it seems that many people sharing their knowledge on the relevant places don’t know better sometimes.