New Aqara Gateway Hub

Do you think it’s a good idea to go in for aqara homekit hub right now?
Will probably arrive next month.
I mean new hub is 35$. Old hub is 25$.
New hub is homekit enabled. Do you think early aqara will stick to its early 2019 update promise?

I also bought the new Aqara Hub, I contacted their support and they told me there is no such a “key” option available at the moment. I’m willing to wait some weeks to have it enabled. It would be awesome to know a more precise date though.
If anyone ends up finding where is the key, can you please post the information in the forum?

2 Likes

I am also in the same boat. Is there any update from Xiaomi? Thank you

Any news on this topic, I would like to order the latest gateway?

I think it is not wise to order the latest. Mine one is still not working and there is no sign from Xiaomi to show KEY / Developer mode on their latest app. Thanks.

There are tokens present on my Android Phone under the “SmartHome” -> “logs” -> “plug_DeviceManager” folder. Open the a log file and search for “Aqara Hub”.

Is this the token that we need to integrate with Home Assistant?

So this is the problem that my new Aqara Gateway is not working? Because old one is working with no problem…

In the new one I enabled key, but still communication with HA is strange - not working correctly…

Same problem here. The new Aqara gateway does not show the password on the Xiaomi Mi Home application so it cannot be integrated with Home Assistant. Wondering if I should wait for Aqara to provide this option or I should buy a Xiaomi Mijia gateway v3 instead… :frowning:

Hi All

I have new aqara hub with support of homekit. So in same boat. On the date of this post state is the following:

• you CAN add your aqara hub (and all its bridged accessories) to home assistant using homekit controller component (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/homekit_controller/)
  • todo so you need to remove your hub from home app (if its already added to it)
  • make sure you use PIN of your aqara (8 numbers) hub in configure action as XXX-XX-XXX format otherwise it does not work
  • however please note that on the date of posting HA ver. 0.91.0.dev0 does not have support for aqara mini switches and for aqara contact sensors. it supports hub/ its light/security system and temp/humidity sensors for now.

So if it is sufficient for you - enjoy ). In my case i had to reset aqara hub and returned back to pure apple homekit to use buttons and contact sensors for now…

1 Like

Hi,
I tried as your solution, but it alway fail to connect.
What is your Aqara HUB firmware version now?
I’ve just update to lastest firmware 1.5.9 in yesterday

Thanks @ sergeymaysak

I’ve configure successful :smiley:

I can pair it with the homekit_controller, but it doesn’t show anything, I can’t see the hub’s light nor the humidity sensor.
What am I doing wrong?

@tuananh.nguyen1808 can you explain how can we do it?

Hi,
Very simple. Please config as @sergeymaysak tell above.

• you CAN add your aqara hub (and all its bridged accessories) to home assistant using homekit controller component (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/homekit_controller/ )
  • todo so you need to remove your hub from home app (if its already added to it)
  • make sure you use PIN of your aqara (8 numbers) hub in configure action as XXX-XX-XXX format otherwise it does not work
  • however please note that on the date of posting HA ver. 0.91.0.dev0 does not have support for aqara mini switches and for aqara contact sensors. it supports hub/ its light/security system and temp/humidity sensors for now.

I’m lucky in the day i change my HA to Hassio, the system can be discovery Aqara Controller. I’ve tested many time to change between Hassbian and hassio. Only Hassio working

2 Likes

Thanks for this hope.
But I don’t understand one thing: how to find the PIN code of my aqara hub ?

Thanks for your help

does this happen via wifi?
As in do I require a Homekit hub device in between?
Do the hassio machine and aqara need to be close (bluetooth range) ?

Sorry, I found the answer:
it’s all logically on the back of the hub.

Thanks all

But now, my hub is marked configured in the history, and … nothing else happens.

I have connected on it: 2 door sensors, 2 temperature sensors, and a switch.
What can I exploit and how, please?

hi I can see my Aqara Hub on home assistant as well as the temperature sensor …but I can’t see door sensor: Is there any way to see these components?

Isnt the Aqara Hub compatible now with the Mi Home App? And there we can set it to LAN mode or not?

I also ordered Aqara Hub with HomeKit hope it was no waste of money. For all RaspberryPi users there is RaspBee btw. which lets you use all Xiaomi and Ikea sensors directly.