New Aqara Gateway Hub

Hi

Is Aqara EU edition hub supported?

I want to know this too, I want to use xiaomi aqara with temp/humidity sensors in every room and ha docker.

I just got my Gateway working with HA. I want to order more door sensors what do I do when I get them to add them to HA.

I got it all working with the additional sensors. (Couldn’t get MI App to work with newer Gateway)

1. added Aqara gateway with Aqara app
  2. added to home kit (automatically by app)
  3. added all sensors through app
  4. removed Aqara gate way out of Homekit
  5. removed aqara gateway out of Aqara app
  6. pushed button on aqara gateway till light turned white then flashing orange came on.
  7. went to iphone wifi settings and added Aqara gateway on to my wifi network
  8. waited what felt like a life time 4-5 mins and it showed up in HA Integrations
  9. typed in Home kit pass code which is stickered on the manual and back of aqara gateway DONT FORGET to add hyphens 123-12-123
  10. all sensors pushed into HA
3 Likes

What’s the response time on the sensors? I found that things were pretty slow, is that still the case?

It is still pretty slow.

That’s too bad. I saw a reddit thread that seemed to indicate it is possible to put the hub into dev mode but it didn’t seem to work for me. This was for the new hub by the way I understand if you can set the old hub to dev. mode fairly easily

What does your config look like in HA?

Nothing in the config.yaml file. The integration setup up found the bridge and configured it for me.

I finally got some time to play around with this. I have followed your instructions 3 times and still nothing shows up in HA. In step 8 what is the integration that is to show up that you put the xxx-xx-xxx code into?

I spoke too soon… It finally showed up in HA. Thanks for the instructions.

One last question… How do you add new sensors down the road? Do you have to blow everything out and repeat this whole process?

No, I don’t believe you do. I just added a couple of PIR sensors to my Aqara hub last night. The existing smart switches were unimpacted. Now, it did take some time for the new PIR sensors to show up in Home Assistant. I just went to sleep last night and when I woke up this morning they were available for automations.

I removed the hub like the instructions said. I don’t think I can add any more sensors than what I initially added. Can you explain you entire process? Thanks in advance!

Sure! First, open the Mi Home app on your phone. Typically, Xiaomi Mijia/Lumi sensors have a small reset hole somewhere. There’s a push-button behind the reset hole. While reasonably near the gateway, use a stiff piece of wire (or a SIM eject tool) to push and hold the reset button for at least three (possibly as many as five seconds) until the sensor begins flashing. Release the button. It should find the gateway at that point, and you should see the gateway flashing and hear the gateway speaking Chinese. This is when the sensor pairs to the gateway. You should now be able to add the sensor in the Mi Home app on your phone. Some time (many minutes, don’t expect instantaneously) later, the sensor should appear in Home Assistant.

I had to remove the xiamoi from integrations and add the integrations with the app. Kind of a PITA.

Good to know I will try that!

I did what you said but it did not get recognized. The hub was not blinking yellow so I don’t think it was ready to accept new sensors. WHat hub do you have? Does it have the light and and plug mounted to the back of the hub?

Hi but how do you add more accessories to aqara hub from this point on, since it is removed from Apple Home now?

1 Like

I have exactly the same question.