New AVM Fritz!box Tools problems

I think you still have the old custom components FRITZ!Box Tools

As the issue on GitHub shows, it installs incompatible dependencies.

Simone

1 Like

@chemelli Yes I do, as the new integration doesnā€™t yet provide control over profiles which the old custom component did - at least last time I tested it.

Iā€™ve just stripped that out to test if it helps, and so far itā€™s looking promising.

Does the integration now provide that control too, so the old custom component can be binned?

OK removing the old custom integration and reinstalling the AVM one has got things back up and running.

But my set-up was using the profile and wifi controls from the old custom integration, which are missing from the new one.

@chemelli is there any plan to include that functionality into the new integration, so the full functionality is available again? My set up was rather relying on being able to switch access profiles and wifi on/off via HASS and Iā€™d rather not have to work out a new solution for thatā€¦

Can you give me a link to the GH issue so I can look at it?

The new one is missing profiles (which I never used) and port-forwarding which I did but WiFi is there as per the defunct CC nowā€¦

Iā€™ve found profiles now in the new integration, but I canā€™t see wifi switches for guest, 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz. What entities are they?

Edit - never mind, found the normal wifi ones. Guest is missing, but itā€™s currently disabled so probably hasnā€™t been found yetā€¦

If itā€™s disabled you need to enable itā€¦
EDIT I do see profiles but no port forwarding controlā€¦

Yup, entirely as expected. Just done so and itā€™s now set itself up, and working fine.
I do of course disable it when not in use, hence why it hadnā€™t been picked up yet.

So Iā€™m now back up and running again, with only difference being the lack of port forwarding control (which I wasnā€™t currently using anyway). And the old custom component is now binned.

False :slight_smile:

Check better both the documentation and the entities created.
Old custom integration from 2021.7 on is completely redundant and no more developed.

Simone

Check better under the entities created :wink:
They are just disabled by default, but they are there.

Simone

1 Like

@chemelli - yes, found them all now and everything I had with the old custom component I now have with your new integration. The old CC is removed completely and my set-up is up and running fine again.

Thanks for all your work on the integration (and the transition from the old CC to it), highly appreciated :smiley:

Concerning the port forwarding - is that still limited to just the ports going to the HA device IP address as it was in the old CC? I donā€™t see any at the moment, but I donā€™t have any ports forwarded to the HA device, only to others on my network.

Port forwarding control? I donā€™t see that

yes, unfortunately itā€™s a limit of AVM api implementation.

Simone

If the destination devices is the HA server, then you should have them. If not open a issue.

If the destination is another, you cannot get them created as per AVM api limitation.

Simone

It was working with the custom_component. I generally donā€™t enable UPnP though so maybe that is the issue? The docs are a little light on for thisā€¦

Nope, it wasnā€™t. As I wrote itā€™s a AVM api limit.

Simone

Opened a PR to improve documentation: Add Fritz missing info for device profiles and port forwards by chemelli74 Ā· Pull Request #18431 Ā· home-assistant/home-assistant.io (github.com)

I just remember everyone that all of us can improve docs easily :wink:

Simone

@chemelli do you think it worth adding a note about the incompatibility with the older custom component too, or would it be fine to just let that one die off naturally?

Just thinking for anyone else who still has it installed like I did, and would need to remove it now that its functionality is fully depreciated and incorporated into the integration.

Iā€™m fine to PR the docs change if itā€™s worthwhile.

Custom components are not port of Home Assistant Core and will not be referenced.

We are working on an update of the custom components that will fire a notification so all users will be informed.

Simone

Fair enough, sounds fine to me.

Just donā€™t want others to hit the same issue I did last night, as that was most frustrating as it look a lot of functionality down due to the breakage of data flow from the router.

That is true but you need to know the option actually exists to improve/add to the docs. I only knew this existed because of the old custom component - the HA docs donā€™t even mention it.

I donā€™t understand what you mean by API limit.
I do understand you can only enable/disable port forwards for the device running Home Assistant (I see that from the custom component docs)
On a dev instance of HA with port forwards I DO see that switch but I have only port 80 forwarded on that instance and itā€™s a http forward. On my main production HA instance I donā€™t see the switch at all BUT it is only opening ports to the public IPv6 address of the device and itā€™s https not http - is that why? I also donā€™t enable the ā€œAllow Independent Port Sharingā€ for any device as Iā€™ve always thought that was a security risk? It doesnā€™t seem necessary to enable that on my dev instance but the docs for HA donā€™t say so I donā€™t know!

So I guess Iā€™m asking does the port forwards switch only appear if you have http forwards configured? Does Independent port sharing need to be configured?