"name": "AVM FRITZ!Box Tools",
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/fritz",
  "requirements": [
    "fritzconnection==1.4.2",
    "fritzprofiles==0.6.1",
    "xmltodict==0.12.0"
  ]
}

These three requirements should build something like the API, seen from HA perspective.

[edit]
Just for convenience, here’s the link to the documentation of fritzconnection, that handles most of the API calls:
https://fritzconnection.readthedocs.io/en/1.4.2/
[/edit]

This is the only official ressource from AVM regarding the API (=Schnittstelle in german). I don’t know, if you speak german, but what I’ve seen, there should be some english documents (hidden deeply inside).

https://avm.de/service/schnittstellen/

1 Like

Is the API used for this an official or unofficial API?

Official

Is it documented anywhere?

TR-064: First Steps (avm.de)

Simone

1 Like

Well hopefully I get a good response if it’s an official API

I have issues since updating to the built in integration.
Uninstalled the old integration from HACS.
Removed the FritzBox tools integration from home assistant integrations panel
Restarted the server.
Tried to re-add FritzBox tools from the integrations panel
Inserted corrected user name and password
After some seconds I get a message “Il dispositivo è già configurato” = The device is already configured
There is no trace of the device in devices, entities and integrations.
Nothing is written to home assistant log file.

If I try to add a wrong username/password an error correctly appears in the logs and a different message appears in the box (Impossibile connettersi = Connection impossible).

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Do you possibly still have fritz device_tracker in your configuration.yaml? That would have to go too.

Thanks Seanomat. No trace of the fritz device_tracker in configuration.yaml and included files.

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      frontdoor:
        friendly_name: "Porta principale"
        device_class: door
        value_template: "{{ is_state('sensor.sensore_porta_ingresso_access_control', '22') }}"
         icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('sensor.sensore_porta_ingresso_access_control', '22') %}
            mdi:door-open
          {% elif is_state('sensor.sensore_porta_ingresso_access_control', '23') %}
            mdi:door-closed
          {% else %}
            mdi:alert
          {% endif %}

panel_custom:
  - name: zwave-graph-panel
    url_path: zwave-graph
    sidebar_title: Z-Wave Graph
    sidebar_icon: mdi:z-wave
    module_url: /local/zwavegraph3.js
    config:
      # ranker - pick one: network-simplex, tight-tree, longest-path
      ranker: network-simplex
      # edge_visibility - pick one: relevant, all
      edge_visibility: relevant
      # grouping - pick one: z-wave, ungrouped
      grouping: z-wave

Debug log please.

Simone

Ok, now it appears as auto-detected at reboot, when I configure it the user and passwords are accepted, “FRITZ!Box 7590” appears in the integrations page, but no device is displayed and no entity is added to HA and the integration.

If I set logging to debug and filter for Fritz I get 306000 chars of log. Any way to improve filtering?

By default, any detected devices are added but as disabled entities. You have to select to view them (click the option at the top-right on the entities list page), and then select and enable them before they become useful and generally visible.

Ok, thank you. If I select to show disabled entities and filter for fritz I see a lot of device tracker entities (eg. device_tracker.applewadifranco_3), but no entity to control WiFi.

They should appear as switch.fritz_box_7590_wi_fi_SSID where SSID is the ID of the wifi network in question.

The switch will only appear once the wifi is active (so for guest wifi that would maybe normally be disabled, it won’t appear until the first time you enable it).

Wifi is enabled on both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz band, but there is no switch.fritz_box… in the entities panel even when I set to show disabled entities.

Good day I’ve a problem with this integration, the integration is not loaded
this is the log
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:173
First occurred: 14:10:37 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:10:37

Setup failed for fritz: Unable to import component: cannot import name ‘get_all_profiles’ from ‘fritzprofiles’ (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fritzprofiles/init.py)

The proble is that it’s impossible to delete it Has anyone idea how to solve it? Thanks

I have “Enable newly added entities” in the integrations System options enabled, but anytime a new device is connected to my WiFi the entities are disabled by default. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to correct the misbehavior?

Same here. Did you find a solution?
There is no known_device.yaml present.

Unfortunately not, and yes I’m still having the issue.

I have the duplicates as well. And a big problem that the integration is generating 99% useless devices and entities, if I only want to track 1% of them. There should be really a setup option. I tried to ask for this here, perhaps othes can vote or jump in with this which as well.

1 Like

As a follow-up Fritz responded with this:

Unfortunately the current version of FRITZ!OS does not support IPv6 for port forwarding yet. 
We will improve this in one of the next versions. As of today, we do not know if it could be already in the next release. 

so maybe soon

1 Like

Hi,

Is there a chance to have Parental control’s profiles back?

I’d like to turn on/off Internet access to many devices that I’ve added to some special profiles on my 7590 Fritz box. Now I’ll need to make an input Boolean and an automation that trigger on his state to turn on/off Internet access to many devices within HA

Thanks
SDeSalve

As a work-around, you should now have switches available for internet access for each device on your Fritzbox, and you can make a group in HA for those that you want to switch in the same way as the old profiles. You can then trigger that either manually or via an automation.

3 Likes