New AVM Fritz!box Tools problems

My comment on current situation

Simone

1 Like

@chemelli could I just quickly confirm something?

A couple of HA versions ago, the device trackers for my router (Fritzbox 7590) and mesh repeater (3000) vanished from my set-up. Everything is working perfectly, so I was just wondering if that was deliberate or not?

Not an issue either way around, as of course if either goes offline then all the devices connected to it will also go offline and so it can be seen easily. Plus internet access switches for both are also rather meaningless.

I was just curious if this removal was a design decision or accidental (or unplanned and a symptom of something wrong in the code somewhere)?

Thanks for all the ongoing work on the integration though - still most appreciated and highly useful.

@DarrenHill, true the new API doesn’t list the Fritz devices themselves. But those are entities so you can check if they are “unavailable” in any case.
Internet access switches should not be there anymore for those 2 as well.

Simone

I’ve got all the sensors etc for the 7590 router that I can check the availability of, but no direct entity for either the router or repeater. I presume the repeater has no sensors as it’s in the mesh so controlled by the router.

As I said, not a problem at all, was just curious.

no, you can’t cause they are not created at all since, as you said, the new API doesn’t list the fritz devices. I do want to track them directly, (I cannot tracking them tracking the devices connected cause they connect to other repeaters) how to deal with it?
And it is not true they are not tracked, few days ago I found out that a repeater started to be tracked, but in reverse mode (ethernet cable on → not_home; ethernet cable off → home).

I really don’t understand the logic of this integration in the long run.

Hi, does someone (@chemelli )know how to use the Parental control nowadays? I don’t find it in the home assistant options and no documentation on the internet. :frowning:

in HA, you have a “Internet Access” switch for each device

my parental control / internet access switches are all gone.
I tried to remove and add the integration again, but they do not show up anymore
nothing in the error log

Is there a way to control the different profiles for a device?
I have a “Homework” and a “Gaming” profile. Is it possible to switch those profiles from HA?

Check if you need the “old discovery” method on your device / network scenario

Simone

It started over night to come back. Not sure why

Thank you man!

Hey,
I tried to find this answer on the forum but did not see it …

After bringing my Devices to the FritzBox I normally rename them to have them better structured.
However devices that are already discovered and added to HA before they got renamed do stay in HA with that name or entitiy ID.

1. Is there a way to poll or update the device namesand entity ID when it updated on the Fritzbox?
  2. How could I manually add all new devices to HA and not have them auto populated? (When I uncheck the Auto mode in the HA integration I don’t see them at all and see no way to manually add them)

Best

Name the device on the fritzbox and then run the cleanup service from HA :wink:

Simone

Hi Simone,

unfortunately I’m blinded or my setup is wrong.
Can you guide me to a step by step documentation, what kind of setup is needed on the Fritzbox and where I have to find the “Internet Access” switch? I will then create a german how to video. :slight_smile:

BR, Tristan

Hi,

maybe someone can help me.
Each time after I have rebooted HA I have to reenter my Fritz Box login data in the integration.

Is that normal? Can I do something that it sticks?

Thank you!

Don’t know, how to troubleshoot this, just for reference: I only entered my login once, about 2 years ago… :wink:

1 Like

and it sticks after a reboot of HA I guess…

in two years? Well, 200 reboots and a bunch of updates :wink:

1 Like