New component for merge light ColorTemp and RGB

Hey guys,

I would like to share a component that I created to combine 2 lighting entities into just one entity.

There are many lighting devices on the market that have two entities. One to control the temperature of the white / warm light and another entity to control the RGB color.

I confess that it is very annoying to have to control 2 lighting entities for the same device.

So I created this component that helps to solve this problem.

It creates another entity by joining the 2 entities.

I hope it helps other people as well as it helps me.

1 Like

This is great! A few updates ago, the color temperature worked, but not since the introduction of the color fan. Where does the original component come from and is it not more convenient to integrate this method into HA by default? Maybe a bit of a silly question, but I am not very familiar with HA architecture.

could this native even. I don’t have much knowledge on HomeAssistant Core to put there. It’s a good project to understand the basics.

Hey,

I was looking for some component doing exactly what you implemented here. I tried to include it via the hacs integration, but got an error message that the configuration flow couldn’t be loaded and the addition: {“message”:“Invalid handler specified”}

Is this component no longer supported? Or was it an error caused on my side? If it is not supported anymore, is there another way of dealing with this problem?

Greetings