New custom component: Sonoff LAN Mode (local, with stock firmware)

I have move the Sonoff S26 to a vLAn and seem lost connection. How can I make it work on a separate vLAN

Did you ever get this to work?

I recently picked up a S31 and my soldering skills are terrible. So I am looking at the methods that don’t involve flashing firmwares.

It is working fine for me… I will convert mine just to make my installs consistent.

Sonoff dual R2 shows only 1 switch. Is there any way to work both gang?

my Sonoff DIY isn’t working seems like after 1.09 update (since 28 april 2020).
Sketch (409)

I`ve updated files in custom components, but it just stopped deleting it from the system
I can still control it from the “DIY tool” on PC

Perhaps one of you can point me in the right direction.

I reset my S31, pulled the info via the python script mentioned above,

reinstalled the integration via HACS, entered the data into my config file per the github write up

switch:
  - platform: sonoff_lan_mode_r3
    name: s31_sonoff
    device_id: !secret sonoff_device_id
    api_key: !secret sonoff_device_api_key

I synced it with the eWelink app so I know it is on my wifi. The power measurements show in the app.

However, when I go to the state page and search for the item I get this:

And on the template page I get this:

I have my phone plugged into it so I know something should be registering.

If there is anything else that would be worth it to see, let me know.

Great bit of code, I got my HA to be able to turn on and off the S31 plug in LAN mode. Is there a way to get the power consumption information with this integration?

No there isn’t, but I’d recommend using the Alexxit/Sonofflan integration instead of mine going forward, there only a couple of feature missing compared to mine and it is much more feature rich in other ways.

2 Likes

Using this thread instead of opening a new one:

I thought, the HACS integration for SONOFF LAN from Alexxit relies only on LAN network and does not need the cloud? Yesterday around midnight, apparently eWeLink had server issues and this made all my Sonoff devives in the network useless for around half an hour?

Shouldnt this have no inpact on my devices, if they are not depending on the internet?

Thanks for a heads-up on this.

Yeah it still uses the ewe link server. This is why we use Tasmota etc

I don’t think that’s entirely true. Yes, there was a server downtime yesterday, but everything that can work on the LAN worked well. Only the L1 LED strip, which does not have this option, did not work.

All three of my Sonoff devices did not work yesterday night… :frowning:

EDIT: Its 4 devices of course, one is the RF Bridge, which did not work either.

What kind of equipment is it?

I got:

Sonoff RFBridge433 (sw version: PSF-BRA-GL v3.5.0)
Sonoff Switch RFR2-8285 (sw version: PSF-B01-GL v2.9.0)
Sonoff Relay Switch 4CHPRO (sw version: PSF-B04-GL v3.4.1)
Sonoff Switch S26R1 (sw version: PSA-B01-GL v3.5.1)

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

EDIT: LAN Control is/was activated everywhere, where available.

I use:
Sonoff RFBridge433 (sw version: PSF-BRA-GL v3.5.0)
Sonoff Relay Switch 4CHPRO (sw version: PSF-B04-GL v3.5.1)
Sonoff Switch S26R1 (SW version: PSA-B01-GL v3.5.1)
In HA I only have the basic configuration sonoff, name, password, nothing else and all these devices worked in the local network yesterday in the event of a server failure.

Thanks for your answer. Strange, they all just seemed offline for HA, and in the eWeLink app, only two of four worked.

Now everything is back to normal.

Would you guys propose to flash TASMOTA to all of them? Is that even possible, FW not too high? Guess, soldering needed on all of them?

I guess, generally speaking, TASMOTA would be better anyway, because everything then is completely hooked off the cloud/internet?

Many thanks guys, much appreciated!

Personally, if I had to flash them, I would do it on ESPhome

Good to know. But what is the reason, you did not flash them (yet)?

I am just trying to find out, if it is worth the hassle, unmounting them etc.

The reason was that the device still works well on the local network. The only problem is with the L1 led strip which cannot be used in a LAN. I will probably replace the control module L1 with Shelly, which works reliably in the LAN

That’s funny because with my experiences of ESPhome I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.