New DaikinOne+ Thermostat Integration

“Begin Setup”
“Equipment Setup”
“Indoor Unit” and “Outdoor Unit”

Odd. There is no “indoor unit” or “outdoor unit” option in that list.

I’ve got a “heat pump”, “air handler”, “media filter”, “dehumidifier” and “zone board” already added. If I go into “add equipment” I get “air quality sensor”, “aux heat source”, “humidifier”, “UV bulbs”, “electronic filter” and “HEPA filter”.

If I go into my existing heat pump, then “specifications” it shows its serial number but I never get this value back from the Daikin One+ API. For reference, my heat pump model is “DZ20VC0481”.

Does anyone else have a multi-zoned system?

I have a two zone system. When I’m in Dealer Mode, the secondary thermostat never finishes detecting the available equipment (the progress wheel turns forever). Looking at the JSON returned by the server, I always get "equipmentSettingsReady":false and I cannot see any information related to the outdoor unit.

I’m wondering if I’m the only one with this problem or whether it is expected behavior. My HVAC dealer claims it is expected, but honestly I don’t think those guys know as much as they claim.

I have 3 zones with One+ thermostats running firmware 2.3.7.
RXTQ36TAVJ9 Outdoor unit
FXAQ09PVJU Zone 1, Master
FXAQ12PVJU Zone 2
FXTQ24TAVJUA Zone 3

This is the manual that matches my thermostats. Page 34 has the config settings I was referring to.

These didn’t do any auto-detection. They were all entered manually.

@TrickerZ, the thermostat control in lovelace shows “Heating”,“Cooling”,“Idle”. Is there any way to get this in an entity? I’d love to be able to log it and display it with my temperature graphs.

It should be a climate entity. Do you mean a sensor? If so, you can turn any attribute into a sensor with a template. Attribute as sensor - #7 by finity

Brilliant, thanks!

Odd. I have firmware version 2.4.3 and these options don’t show up. I don’t know what communicatino bus the DZ20VC product lines use but it probably isn’t P1P2 which is why we’re seeing different options.

I don’t even have the option to enter serial numbers in my thermostat. They are always auto-detected and the field is non-editable.

I figured it out. If you take a look at Daikin One+ my system type is “Unitary” and I think yours is “VRV”. If you download the “Commission Menu Outline” of each one you will notice they show different menus.

1 Like

EDIT: I just called Daikin ONE+ support, they’re currently experiencing an outage of their cloud service.

Hi everyone, I just had my Daikin installed yesterday FXT inside, RXS outside with a Daikin ONE+ thermostat. After doing the Daikin app setup, I proceeded to integrate it with HA following the instructions. It worked great for a few hours, but this morning neither HA is able to connect to it, nor is the Daikin app. I reset the WiFi, and it’s connecting to the Internet but not the Daikin Cloud and I’m wondering if there’s an outage of the Daikin Cloud service or if perhaps I’ve been blacklisted for too many/frequent API calls? Looking at the logs, I see one thing I’m supposed to report to the developer:

2021-12-14 19:47:25 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity climate.main_floor (<class 'custom_components.daikinskyport.climate.Thermostat'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.

The timestamp is from when I restarted HA after adding to configuration.yaml

As of 3 hours ago I’ve got repeating entries like this in the logs:

2021-12-15 07:20:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Updating daikinskyport weather took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2021-12-15 07:20:40 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [daikinskyport] Error connecting to Daikin Skyport.  Possible connectivity outage.
2021-12-15 07:23:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Updating daikinskyport weather took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2021-12-15 07:23:56 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Updating daikinskyport weather took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30

Which feels like a service outage to me, can anyone confirm?

Follow up question here, I noticed that there’s a spot in the Daikin app:

Account settings → Home Integration → Get Integration Token

which is intended for use in third-party home automation yet this integration doesn’t use the token. In theory, wouldn’t that be better than using the email/password in configuration.yaml?

Looks like it was just an issue with Daikin.

I was having the same problem today, my Thermostat was connected to wifi but not connected to the Daikin servers. I couldn’t voice control through Alexa and thermostat controls in HA were broken.

I just noticed a minute ago that my Thermostat was saying it had reconnected with Daikin servers and I gave HA a reboot and now it’s working again.

I had to reboot my thermostat today. My outdoor sensor stopped responding after the cloud outage. If it wasn’t for reverse engineering the API on this thing, I’d have gone back to the Honeywell. I’m curious if anyone else actually likes this thing. The UI is slow, it’s buggy, the dial is terrible and at least for me, it doesn’t seem to do a great job at regulating the temperature. I was hoping by now they’d have figured out the bugs at least.

That’s been my experience as well. Their android app is terrible, constantly alternating between losing connection with the thermostat and telling me that the password changed when it has not. Killing the app and restarting it always fixes the problem so obviously my password has not changed. Phone support is scripted and they do nothing about bug reports. It just goes to show how terrible hardware companies are at anything to do with user experience.

Have you all seen this site?

https://www.daikinone.com/openapi/

Yeah, I posted it on one of the issues. It’s not very comprehensive. At least not yet. Good to see they’re finally opening up, though.

I’m a new HA user, and have been enjoying this integration.

I can’t get it working with Scenes or Automations (could be missing something obvious).

I noticed on the GitHub page under “TODO” it says:

“Fix services - not sure what I’m doing wrong, it looks to me the same as the ecobee”

I’m not clear what this means, and if it might be causing some of my issues?

I fixed the services a while back. I guess I forgot to remove that from the README. All the thermostat and daikin services should work properly. Post your automation and maybe someone can help.

Any thoughts would be helpful in getting a new HA user up and running with this integration!

Scenes:

I’d like to add the Daikin thermostat into a scene.

I can add other climate devices (Sensibo units to control mini splits) and have them work correctly.

I can’t seem to add the Daikin One+ thermostat.

What I’m doing: I create a scene. I see the Daikin thermostat under “entity”. I can click on it and configure it. But when I try to run it I get two onscreen popup errors:

Failed to call service scene/apply.

Failed to call service scene/turn_on.

Automation:

I’m more lost on this. I’m using the visual editor interface.

I find the thermostat under “Condition, State” and select it as an entity. I tried entering the temperature under “state”.

The YAML code is:

condition: state

entity_id: climate.2nd_floor

state: '70'
**Debug info:**

Executed: January 2, 2022, 9:26:56 PM

Result:

result: false

**entity_id/0**

Executed: January 2, 2022, 9:26:56 PM

Result:

result: false

state: heat

wanted_state: '70'

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious…

It looks like we have to add support for scenes. Please add an issue on the github so we can take a look at implementing it. I guess you’re the first person who’s tried to use them, so I didn’t realize it didn’t work.

The issue with your automation is that you’re trying to use the temperature, which is not the state; it’s an attribute. Go to Developer Tools > States and it’ll show you what is available under your climate.2nd_floor entity.

This thread may help for triggering on attributes: Automation trigger on attribute change

1 Like