New DaikinOne+ Thermostat Integration

Yes, you can use template sensors to create sensors from attributes. You can also use attributes in your automations. Do some searching in the community and you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for. Many many questions on this topic.

I’ve given money to HA folks via www.buymeacoffee.com and Patreon …I don’t know how easy it is to set them up….still I would be inclined to give for the effort!

So the integration became unavailable for me quite often. Basically, I would have to reload it everytime. Im not sure if the issue is the integration or the actual thermostat. This is the error from the log

Error setting up entry Daikin for daikinskyport
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 189, in get_thermostat_info
    request.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 1021, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 502 Server Error: Bad Gateway for url: https://api.daikinskyport.com/deviceData/abcc68bc-be05-11ed-824a-7ba5270f6f66

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/__init__.py", line 161, in _async_update_data
    current = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.daikinskyport.update)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 263, in update
    result = self.get_thermostats()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 156, in get_thermostats
    thermostat_info = self.get_thermostat_info(thermostat['id'])
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 199, in get_thermostat_info
    raise ExpiredTokenError ("Daikin Skyport token expired")
custom_components.daikinskyport.daikinskyport.ExpiredTokenError: Daikin Skyport token expired

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 402, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/__init__.py", line 79, in async_setup_entry
    await coordinator._async_update_data()
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/__init__.py", line 165, in _async_update_data
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.daikinskyport.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 263, in update
    result = self.get_thermostats()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 156, in get_thermostats
    thermostat_info = self.get_thermostat_info(thermostat['id'])
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/daikinskyport/daikinskyport.py", line 199, in get_thermostat_info
    raise ExpiredTokenError ("Daikin Skyport token expired")
custom_components.daikinskyport.daikinskyport.ExpiredTokenError: Daikin Skyport token expired

That was pretty painless: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/apetrycki

Mine has been doing this today as well. If it doesn’t clear up in the next couple days, I’ll see if I can figure it out. Might just be an issue on the API end.

Just installed an Amana ‘S’ series Heat Pump/Furnace and using this Integration.

For some reason, the “Indoor Power” Sensor is defaulting to 3700W when off.

When the Furnace is in use, it appears to be correct. It’s only when off that it goes back to 3700W?

Any ideas?

Any idea why or how to change it?

Any way to tell if the Heat Pump is in defrost mode?

Someone else had that issue too, except it was 1500W. I’m not sure if it’s a bad sensor or what. My system doesn’t report power usage, so I don’t have anything to go by. Try to poll the API manually just to make sure the value is consistent and it’s not anything in my code.

For the defrost, I would need some help. It doesn’t get cold enough here for mine to ever go into defrost. Try taking a look at ctOutdoorDefrostHeat in the API and see if it changes when defrost is on. Mine is 255, so I assume that means it’s off.

Hmm… ctIndoorPower is 3700 when at rest!

ctOutdoorDefrostHeat is not returned by the “deviceData” API

The only returned value with “defrost” in it is “ctOutdoorForceDefrost”

I tried again and “ctOutdoorDefrostHeat” is “2”
I doubt if the unit is in defrost mode as it is not heating right now and the outdoor temperature is 42F.

It’s not 255 like mine, so it sounds like it might actually do something for you. Try to keep an eye on it and see if it changes.

1 Like

So, my Thermostat has come up “Unavailable” 2 times today. If I reload the Daikin Skyport integration, then it comes back.

There’s already an issue being tracked for this on the github. It seems that Daikin has been doing some maintenance and the integration isn’t handling the failure properly. We’re looking into it.

1 Like

So, I just caught my system in defrost mode (it’s 23F outside) and here are the applicable results of the /deviceData/ API call:

ctOutdoorDefrostSensorTemperature : 232
ctOutdoorDefrostInterval : 4
ctOutdoorMode : Defrost

Has anyone used the Aux Heat attribute available from the integration? I made a template sensor with the code: {{state_attr(‘climate.daikin’, ‘aux_heat’)}} to try to track this. It returns "Off’ all the time. I don’t have any way of knowing when the Aux heat comes on, but its below zero (that would be F - so nasty cold) this weekend and the Aux heat has not returned anything except this which I find a little hard to believe.

There are 2 sensors I use to track Aux Heat:

• sensor.<name>_indoor_furnace_demand

• sensor.<name>_indoor_furnace_actual

“demand” shows when the Aux is called for, “actual” shows if it is used.

Are those being returned form the integration or directly from an API call (i suppose it has to be the former since its available to HA). I don’t have those attributes in my integration. I have a heatpump with electric strip heaters for aux heat when the HP cant keep up. No indoor furnace.

Settings/Devices&Services/Daikin Skyport/Entities