New dlna intedration in 2021.10.1

I think removing the whole change from the release would then have been a much better decision.
And then rethink and redesign the solution for next month release…

i cant seem to make it works even for kodi - where the port, and ip are well known - and after making sure that it does work from a browser…

i think this new DLNA integration works differently

There’s a setting for DLNA control that must be turned on in Kodi.

ohh i know…
it works gr8 from other DLNA controllers i have on my network… just cant make it work with the new integration

@tom_l My suggestion would be to have a look at the Fritzbox router integration.
There all network devices are autodiscovered and for each device a device_tracker is created but they are turned off by default.

As a user I can pick the devices that I need and turn them on. The rest I can ignore.

The UI is not intended for entering an URL. That is just a kind of “lazy developer” solution. WIth that in mind the configuration could have been better kept in yaml.

You are telling the wrong person. I’m not a developer. Perhaps open a feature request quoting your solution to this:

1 Like

Basically, what happened now is: To make ones things work, other ones things got broken… Good job :wink:

So as I’m already used to it, I will just sit and wait again, until it’s fixed. Luckily, there are more ways to play some music in my bedroom…

I’ve decided not to get frustrated anymore by broken integrations. It just is a part of the game, it seems…

I was going to suggest doing a port scan of your devices, but there may actually be an issue considering this:

I was going to suggest your other option is to open an issue, not complaining about how DLNA is handled in general, your specific case of your player and being unable to connect to it. But found this issue first that might help:

Still might be worth opening a new issue for your DLNA kodi issue.

I know, that’s, why I do not argue anymore. Just sit and wait… :wink:

Like in this situation, I can’t fix it myself, so the only hope is, someone will.

My device does not publish the port number, Google keeps his mouth closed, so, it’s a dead end, until a road is paved.

Too bad, that the road was there and now disappeared, my bad luck. So what. There is enough trouble around with much higher priority…

But if anyone decides to rebuild that road, just tell me, please…

Yeah I had a look at the user manual. Rather sparse. “Just use the Upnp button on your router”.

You can always roll back to 2021.9.7 for a bit longer.

And thats exactly, why I’m in troubles now.
Yeah, sure, the manufacturer lacks good documentation. True.

But, what it does not lack, is functionality in the given standard. It plays very well with DLNA, as intended. That’s why it worked fine until now.

Just because someone at HA decides to shrink the functionality on this protocol, it stops working.

This should just not be the way to go…

So any way that we can have the old out discovery back for dlna_dmr ( 2021.10.4)?
Is there a way that we can force enable the auto discovery?

Now that aout discovery its off i need to use the manual integration but it always fail even if i know the exact ip port and url to the xml description.
I have a Samsung HW-K950 soundbar, i know the ip, port, url to description xml, but i still get errors about invalid arguments…

Can the auto discovery of dlna_dmr be reenabled?

I used a tool from Appstore on my iPhone (uPnP Mate) to discover UPNP devices on my network.
It shows the “device description” URL address for each device that you need to enter when you set it up manually in the UI configuration.

Of course it is ridiculous that you need to do it like that… This integration has not been made with a real user in mind. But at least I have the devices that I used back now.

1 Like

I did this discovery with Net Analyzer on Android, found my device and all the needed info, enter that in the setup on HA, it does not accept it.

Quiet pissed about this, as I already said elsewhere, this change is ridiculous, creating 10 problems to solve one is really a wrong way.

I can’t get my stuff working now, which worked flawlessly and that annoys me a lot.

1 Like

Yes it doesent make sense to put everybody in a xml URL hunt on all theyr dmr devices just for the sake of annoiance to press ignore on a auto discovered integration… makes no sense…

1 Like

Is it possible to switch off this DLNA integration completly?
(as it generates lots of instances of my TV, but I don’t want it to be integrated)

1 Like

are you using DNLA on the device ?, othervice disable it there, then discovery wont see it … not sure how i got rid of it as i haven’t seen it for several month

yes I will so.

if i understand your question correctly, wouldn’t it be easier to just press “ignore” after it was discovered, and it will stop harassing you?
or that is not an option for you?