New Emby/Jellyfin integration

I know that there is an official integration for Emby and one for Jellyfin, but there are some issues related to them. That’s why I made my own with the following features:

• Nice Media Source with filters by Actor/Genre/Letter/Year with transcoding
  • Real time updated media players and sensors (local push)
  • Customize your library sensors by item type, user and library
  • Send messages or commands to remote sessions
  • Restart your server or rescan your libraries using buttons
  • Search media to be played
  • Respond to various events
  • View latest media
  • Supports multiple servers
  • Configurable in UI

This is my first component and my first python code, so please be kind.

7 Likes

Looks good, definitely going to try!

Thanks for sharing,

Arabela :wink:

Hi, thanks for doing this, tried to install but got this error when trying to add the integration:

Error

Config flow could not be loaded: 500: Internal Server Error

Sorry to hear that.

Please download the latest release: Releases · rumbu13/ha-mediabrowser · GitHub
Or you can replace config_flow.py with the one from github and restart HA.

Yes that’s it, working now thanks

Working OK but getting an error in logs every minute, created issue:

getting “Timeout while trying to connect to server” when trying to log in

There is a 5 seconds default timeout while connecting, I suppose that this is more than enough in a local network. My supposition is that the address is not correct. I changed config_flow.py a little bit to show more details about the error in the event log. If you are kind enough please update your files and let me know what the error log is showing after the timeout. Thank you.

Solved, it’s a recorder integration error, it does not accept unique ids in the database longer than 26 characters since HA 2023.04.2. The same issue appears also for other integrations like philips hue.

Yes that solved that issue, thanks. I have added a couple more issues I have had in my logs.

Also, I shutdown my server on a night, on restart all the media player entities are lost until I re-open each of the apps, is this to be expected ?
When the server is shutdown, I get connection errors every minute, maybe this could be throttled after say 10 attempts as the log was filled with 699 errors overnight.

Is this integration still working and supported?

For Emby that I’m using it’s still working :wink:

Still working for Emby for me too

The main drawback so far is that if the emby server goes down the integration is unable to reconnect by itself whem emby server is back online but it’s a problem with quite a lot of integrations :confused: