New google 'find my device'

Google announced bluetooth LE based ‘find my device’. Would love to see it integrated in Home Assistant and create automations based on that.

8 Likes

I have a few use cases for this. I’d love to see it. Google API doesn’t seem to have it listed unless it piggy backs on another API. Once that comes out, I assume we will have more luck?

1 Like

are we able to scrape the website ? just like google maps integration does/

Anybody tried to use it already? Any chances to integrate this into HA?
My Chipolo order just shipped, hope I will have time to play with it before my vacation…

I have been testing Chipolo for 2 weeks. In Romania it works quite well. It was the only reason that made me think about the iPhone. But I will stay with Android as before. I also bought a Pebblebee device, which is also OK. I don’t see a difference at the moment. I’m thinking of an integration that shows the presence at home or elsewhere. Have a nice holiday.

Activated Chipolo ONE Point, here is my fist impression:

• Activated without any issues in few seconds via Galaxy s21 phone.
  • Work ok, can find device within BT range.
  • I can see now all my 3 devices (2x phones & 1x Chipolo) in Find My Device app.
  • Started testing find function with use of Android’s network today, will update.

Here are disadvantages related to the initial post subject:
When I opened google find my device in a web browser - Chipolo is not there, only my 2 android phones.
So there is currently no way to “capture” requests and try to integrate this into HA from browser. I’m not experienced in “sniffing” android apps, if it’s at all possible.

@ [constantin85] , do you have different experience? Please share your thoughts about integrating it.