New Google Home device tracker Component - Introduced in HA 0.83

Thanks for this. I have already successfully combined wifi and zanzito, but cannot see from that link how to add BLE to the mix.

Devices discovered are stored with ‘BLE_’ as the prefix for device mac addresses in known_devices.yaml .

Thank you. Really sorry, but I still don’t see how to combine the BLE Mac address with the device I already have listed under known devices. :man_shrugging:

It has a mac: just the same as my current device. I don’t think I can add a second “mac:” line to the device I already have set up in known devices?

I think a lot of people rave about Bayesian Sensor with class: presence_detection.
Haven’t tried myself but could be what you’re looking for.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I’ve seen it before but it seemed overly complicated! This is definitely not what I want - but it seems to be the only option :slight_smile:

The precise reason why I haven’t tried yet. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Will take a look at it over the weekend. Would far prefer we could just combine in known_devices though.

Can you add more than 1 google home? I keep getting errors.

I have had no luck adding more than 1. Hass becomes extremely unstable.

Honestly I’m really happy with this new component. Today, I walked into my office with my Mi Band 3 on my wrist and everything turn on in less than 1 minute. However, I will be even happier if the same function is supported by Echo because I already have Echos in every rooms and Alexa is my home’s primary voice assistant.

You can try group multiple device_tracker entities in a group.

is your miband3 paired to your phone?

It’s not always paired. I only pair to the phone to sync the data only.

Hi guys
Has anyone tried room tracking yet?

What are you doing about the random advertisements crowding known_devices.yaml?

I’m assuming all those random MAC that become away after some time are random advertisements from phones.

Fantastic the Google Home BLE component, hoping Google will not break it can be very useful. Like Happy Bubbles!

Need some help in programming the presence: since having multiple Google Home the presence will have to be correctly assigned with the highest (-lowest) rssi signal, if I understood correctly

So for example I have

1921681154_b8bbxxxxxxxxx:
  hide_if_away: false
  icon:
  mac: 192.168.1.154_B8:BBxxxxxxx  # samsung 
  name: 192.168.1.154 b8:bbxxxxxxx
  picture:
  track: true

and in attributes lots of value for which the most important is rssi

{
  "source_type": "bluetooth",
  "latitude": xxxx
  "longitude": xxxx,
  "gps_accuracy": 0,
  "scanner": "GoogleHomeDeviceScanner",
  "rssi": -57,
  "btle_mac_address": "b8xxxx",
  "ghname": "Office ",
  "friendly_name": "192.168.1.154 xxxxxx"
}

Will have similar value on a Google Home in the room across.

How would you program room awareness?

Also the same device (discovered) will have differrent device_tracker name:

device_tracker.1921681154_b8bbxxxxxxxxx  
device_tracker.1921681155_b8bbxxxxxxxxx  # (different GH same discovered device)

what’s the best strategy to give same name to the device_tracker , or is not needed. Sorry a bit confused here

Why random? It is advertised with mac address, so you know which ble device is. Needs some programming though

So far nothing is random. The MAC for each BLE devices I want to track is same every time it is rediscovered.

I’ve tried adding my bedroom mini as a device but then the log fills with errors stating

2018-11-30 11:12:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light.hue] Unable to reach bridge 192.168.1.1 ()
2018-11-30 11:12:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Updating hue sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:00.100000

I’ve log it as an issue on github

I don’t think it’s related to the component.

Anyone knows the proper format to add more than one device?