New HA Entities not showing up in my Node-RED instances

I’ve used Node-RED for quite a while and haven’t seen this issue until now. For some reason, newly created home assistant entities are not showing up in Node-RED HA nodes when I search for them so I can’t add them to flows or create new flows with them. This is happening on both the Node-RED add-on as well as an external docker Node-RED instance I use that connects to home assistant. Existing entities that have already been created in flows show up, report states, and work like normal. I tried creating a new token in HA and added a new HA server in Node-Red to see if that would cause them to show up, but it didn’t. Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

In some cases I’ve needed to restart the Node Red add-on for new entities to show up, but other times they seem to be available without needing a restart. I’ve also noticed that sometimes when I start typing in the friendly name of the entity it doesn’t seem to appear, but if I scroll down far enough it’s actually there, but seems to be out of order alphabetically. When in doubt I just copy/paste the actual entity ID into the entity field and it shows.

1 Like

Appreciate the thoughts. I did try the restarts and also pasting in the entity ID as well and neither worked.

I encountered an issue where the input node was unresponsive (greyed out), and creating new flows became impossible. Additionally, entities couldn’t be selected within a flow.
After extensive searching, it became apparent that Node-RED was struggling due to an excessive number of loaded nodes. This was caused by the RFXCOM integration in Home Assistant, which was set to automatically add new devices, resulting in over 1600 devices being added. After some more searching, I stumbled upon a JavaScript solution to automatically remove these excess integrations.
Following this, Node-RED returned to its usual functionality.