New HA install on RPI5, restore not completing

Good morning,
I’m migrating my RPi4 4Gb HA installation to a new RPi5 8GB. The RPi4 actually still works pretty well for my needs, but I’m planning on repurposing that RPi for another purpose, so I decided to give it a bit more power with the new model.

The new RPi5 has a NVMe drive. I installed the base RPi OS with the Raspberry Pi installer on a MicroSD card, booted, and then installed HAAS onto the NVME drive using the Pi desktop RPi Imager, removed the MicroSD, and rebooted. The new HA configuration screen came up, and I’ve selected Restore from backup.

I let that run overnight, and it still wasn’t complete when I woke up. The backup tar image is only 489.1 MB. Any advice on why this doesn’t appear to be completing? I’ve connected via Ethernet on both my desktop and the RPi, so this isn’t a WiFi problem, and the network speeds are 1GB.

I just went through onboarding and then did a restore from within HA - I’ve never had any success doing it during onboarding. One thing to make sure is that supervisor and HA are the same versions on the 4 and the 5 - if they aren’t it’s erroring and will never ever end…