New HA setup on Pi4 Doesn't Work [Solved]

So once I flash the SD card HA loads fine once I change my config file and restart the front end doesn’t load anymore. However, I can successfully SSH into HA but no matter what I do the front end doesn’t load. I even used InPrivate browsing incase cashing the web is issue didn’t help. Any ideas?

Did you do a config check before restarting.

Since you have SSH access. Check the log, see if there is an error preventing startup.

I did check Config, it doesn’t show any error. Log only shows that it can’t connect to insteon due to authentication error.

This is a brand new install. I have flushed a new install three times even with no modification once I restart, front UI doesn’t load anymore.

I even checked the ip address on my unifi.

Can you share more info ?
Share your configuration.yaml file ? python version ? virtual environment or not ? version of HA ?
Did you try to remove the modification made to the config files to restore the initial config ?
Have you checked the status of the HA service :

$ sudo systemctl status <your home assistant service>

Thank you so much for your help. Well Config file is unmodified. Everything is the latest image file available on HA website. I am running it on RPi 4. There are no errors in Homeassistant logs. What is the user/pass of local hassio? I have tried to log into hass os using my ssh user/pass doesn’t seem to work to check the status

Is there a way I can downgrade to previous versions?

I never used/installed Hass.io, so no experience with this environment… I am running HA in a virtual environment on a Pi4… To downgrade, I read on “Installing Hass.io” webpage that you have to run:

hassio ha update --version=0.XX.X

Check the requirements on this page: https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/
or wait for more help from the community… good luck !

Awesome, just out of curiosity. What is the advantage of running the HA instant on virtual machine. Is it more stable?

I do not think it is more or less stable as I am not using it I cannot give some feedback… It is just that I do not like to be constraint in a “all in one” solution… I prefer to manage the operating system, applications, tools and add on separately… So probably less convenient than Hass.io and requiring more work to maintain the correct software versions (like Python) but I have the feeling that I can better control (or disrupt… :slight_smile: ) the environment… On my rapsberry Pi, on top of HA I am also running my network monitoring (Nagios) with Apache and SSL encryption… So I choose at the beginning to run HA in a virtual environment.

Thanks for the insight man. So an update to hassos solved the issue. I think the previous version wasn’t really compatible with Pi 4