New Hass.io images, based on HassOS

I had to restore after the mess that was 79.0 and the repositories weren’t automatically added this time, however all the third party add-ons were. They’ve definitely changed something.

Hi,
are you able to install aeon z stick gen5 on HASSIO, and how do you do ?. Only hassio.
Or, end with HASSIO and start with hassbian.

Yes, check your HW configuration and add the lines to your configuration.yaml file.

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

You can check your HW config from Hassio > System > Host System > Hardware
On a Pi3, Mine shows both AMA0 and ACM0, I have always used ACM0.

When you go to add devices, do not remove the zwave stick and use the button, but instead, use the HomeAssistant menu "Configuration > Zwave "to add nodes. If you are using zwave plus devices and want secure connections, then you also need to set your network key and select the “add node secure” option.

• serial:
    • /dev/ttyAMA0
    • /dev/ttyACM0
1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks – I also got this when I moved from ResinOS to HassOS (and from a 16GB SD Card to a 64GB SD Card and from a Pi 3b to Pi3b+) and it messed up a bunch of things, including the configurator add-in and all my input value selects.

The configurator would run for a while and then crash – looking at the Pi HDMI out it ran out of memory and HassOS killed it.

I eventually deleted the home_assistantv2.db file via SSH and now everything seems fine (except AppDaemon, but will probably be able to fix that).

can anyone help i had hass.io on a pi2 but trying to upgrade to a pi3 b+, i have used etcher to flash the image but every time i plug the sd card in to the pi i get a solid red light and the green light flashes 3 times every few seconds.

Nath

Which image did you pick? The 32bit is the recommended version. Also, when Etcher finishes, just have it eject the card, since you won’t be able to read most of the partitions anyway.

i done exactly that fella, and when i plug it in i get a boot page and it says no ethernet even tho its hardwired

Sorry, I was hoping for something simple… :slight_smile: . The only other suggestion I tripped across was to try a different SD card. A lot of us have had good luck with the Samsung EVO line, at least 32GB.

One change I made recently on a new build was to mount the first partition of SD card (/dev/sdc1 in my case) and edit the config.txt file. This let me disable wifi and also force the HDMI output to VGA mode, because the monitor I have for the odd occasion is ancient…

dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi

# uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=16

ah poo, no need for apologises fella appreciate the help in any form.
Was hoping it was gonna be plug and play like it was for the 2 but proving not or im doing something proper stupid.

need som help, i dowload the nuc imige, and burnt it to usb stick using balenaEtcher.
al that happen is i get a screen saying: HAssOS Boot Menu: 1:autoboot 2: boot system 0 3: bott system 1 4: shell.

Nothing more happens, if i click on 1-3 nothing happens, isn’t this supposed to automatically install on the nuc as the old one did?

i uste the resin hassio image before but now it doesn’t work with my nuc anymore.
(it gets stuck at the “wait 20min to log in” )

anyone that can help me?

EDIT: flasht the image directly to ssd now it works, really annoying that usb to ssd doesn’t work, it makes the installation take much more time every time i need to reinstall.

Stop reinstalling.

@seiken - I think USB to SSD is a reasonable ask. I wasted 6 hours on this one yesterday, I looked for pointers everywhere, could not find any relevant pointer/docs about this. Sigh !

What did you use to flash the image?

i use a 2.5" dock, and balenaEtcher

oh what helpful, did you think long for that answer?

@seiken - Etcher and then install disk/ssd works first time.

Installed on HP Z220S w/I5, very snappy compared to PI 3+ !

Thank you !

1 Like

Honestly, think about it, why would you be reinstalling so often that the time it takes to image an ssd with a 188MB image is going to annoy you? I mean all you have to do is boot from a usb stick and type one line.

My nuck is placed in the rear edge of a server rack without the possibility of plugging in a screen or the ability to easily use a mouse or keyboard. In order to install the new host of assistant assistant, I have to remove a part of a server cabinet, unplug some 40 cables, unplug two servers, unscrew my nuc, pick up the dock and power cables, then everything must be assembled again.

when i could use usb i had a usb extender connected in nuc which i simply plugged in usb with homa assistant on, waited 20 sec then it was reinstalled.

and no i have no “better” place to have my nuc on.
So even if it’s not as often as it needs to be reinstalled, it’s a fucking job every time.

Yes that is a big effort. I take it from what your are saying that you can boot it from usb using the extender? If so, what about this workflow?

Set up some minimal linux distro on a usb stick.
Also include the disk image you want to put on the nuc onto the usb stick.
Make sure the usb distro enables ssh by default on boot.

Boot the nuc from the usb.
ssh in.
write the image to the nuc ssd.
reboot.

Hope that helps, sorry for the sarcasm earlier.

This thread helped me and I want to share the learnings:

This worked for me

Good Luck

i’m trying to download the hass.io file but in the middle of the download it stops and say forbidden
can some help?
greetings