New Hass.io images, based on HassOS

The upgrade path is the making of a snapshot and restoring it. All your old settings will be restored.

When you install with curl, you are installing Hass.io on your own OS and wonā€™t need HassOS.

How do I mount the SD card after flashing so that I can modify the config.txt file? It automounted with the resinOS card but when I plug the newly imaged card into my Mac, it tells me to initialise/eject?

I think the config.txt is still in a fat16 partition and you should be able to mount it. Pretty sure I could on my Windows pc

Hi,

Could you please explain the rational for moving away from ResinOS to this ? Seems there is a lot of churn with the Home-Assistant OSā€™s

Hmm something must have changed with HassOS as it used to mount the boot partition automatically.

Let me know what you find out - Iā€™m not getting any smarter on this topic really, specially if 64 bit is giving problems for some addons.

hi, I have installed HassOs 64bit on my rpi3B and I works great apart of rpi_rf that gives me error:

GPIO.add_event_detect(self.gpio, GPIO.BOTH)
RuntimeError: Failed to add edge detection

I havenā€™t happened on previous Hassio imaes. Any help??

Thank You

A N00b questionā€¦Formatting my old Hassio Sd-card, before installing the new HAssOS, which Linux format should the SD-card be formatted to. Or does Etcher pick the correct format?

Etcher is doing everything for you

Etcher will format the card correctly.

Backup not displayed in HAssOS?

The install of HassOS went fine. Copied previous HassIO backups to HassOS, and they do not show up in the GUI. Only my newest Test backup made by HassOS is displayed in the GUI. And I have done several restarts of HassOS for hoping this will pick up the old backups.

Looks like I am not able to install my HassIO backup.
Anny ideas?

For me restart was working. Snapshots were available after reboot.
Otherwise install ssh addon, connect and isssue the ā€œhassio snapshots reloadā€ command.
I saw some mentioning this method

Did you press the refresh button in top corner?

3 Likes

Seconding this request, will there be an image made for NUC please.

thank you

LOL!

The life of a N00bā€¦

Thanks!

1 Like

I have added the VMDK file to my vm and it gets to the HassOS boot menuā€¦ I canā€™t make it autoboot???
am I missing something?

Can you make some comments about HA running on Docker? You mentioned that HassOS will be a Docker host but I already have one of thoseā€¦ (Intel Nuc running Ubuntu Server with Docker). Is HassOS in any way relevant to my setup, I canā€™t tell? Have ignored HassIO for quite a long time now because I donā€™t understand why one would care about that either? Is the whole world RasPi now? I used those for a while but upgraded to the Nuc. Seems a ton of effort going into everything except home automation unless Iā€™m missing something fundamental which is entirely possible! I would love more effort on the basics like Bluetooth le, presence detection, detecting and maintaining state so we can automate based on that without writing lots of custom code.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me where the previous releases are (resinOS)? Iā€™m not having any luck with this release so would like to revert back.

Right after burning the SD with etcher I get this:

Iā€™m expecting to be able to read the boot partition to modify some files before booting but canā€™t do this anymore with HassOS.

Stuck at Preparing Hass.io for over 30mins.
RPI B+

this is second try.