New HASSIO user, lock suddenly stopped working

My Yale Zwave smart lock has been working flawlessly for 1 week since I installed it. I’ve only had HA for about 2 weeks and only have 3 nodes (front door lock, and 2 light bulbs).

I even got an automation working for when my daughter opens the door it will send me an iOS notification via the app. Works great.

Suddenly though this evening, it will only update it’s status with the system but I can’t send lock or unlock commands to it, not through Google Home voice commands or just the entries. I’m assuming it has something to do with it being a secure node.

I set up zwave through the integrations button in HassIO. I went and found a configuration document called core.config_entries . In it I found the network key which I read is necessary for secure nodes. It all looks correct to me based upon my research before I bought the lock.

{
            "connection_class": "local_push",
            "data": {
                "network_key": "0x97, 0xBF, 0x5F, 0xA3, 0x81, 0xD3, 0x4A, 0x99, 0xE8, 0x8E, 0x8E, 0x52, 0xFD, 0xB2, 0x75, 0x66",
                "usb_path": "/dev/ttyUSB0"
            },
            "domain": "zwave",
            "entry_id": "47f3f8f7319f4ab5810af1807d6c2bb4",
            "options": {},
            "source": "user",
            "title": "Z-Wave",
            "version": 1
        },

I went into configuration and zwave and looked at the OZW log and this is what it reads.

Does anyone have a thought on how to troubleshoot this? Earlier this evening I rebooted HassIO and then the lock worked for about an hour, it stopped working again and thought I’d come here and ask for some advice. Hope you all have some. I’m only 3 nodes into Zwave and I already have a failure within a week…hope this isn’t indicative of the overall use of the system.

Not sure on the solution… but your not alone. I’m having the same problem.

Have either of you tried fresh batteries?

Sorry I didn’t update this thread. Been doing so many other automations and stuff I forgot about it.

The lock was the first thing I installed in my new HA stuff (I’ve only been doing this for a few weeks now).

After a full reboot of my Raspberry Pi it’s been working fine since I did all of this. It wasn’t a battery issue since it was brand new, it wasn’t a distance issue either as it’s right next to the controller. When I was troubleshooting I did a restart of Home Assistant, but NOT the whole Raspberry Pi. When I did that, it started working again without any other changes. I hope I don’t run into it again but that’s what I did.

RPi 4.
Nortek Z-wave/Zigbee controller
Hass.IO installed via image download.
v.97.0

This was the solution for me as well. I had restarted home assistant, it would work for a while then stop. Power cycling the full machine has kept it up for about 15 hours now.

This is also probably a good thing to check! didn’t think of that!

I only suggested it because some zwave locks were eating batteries like candy for some reason.