New Home Assistant YouTube Channel (2021)

The new Tuya v2 Update (v1.4) released yesterday!

The big inclusion in this update is the access to Tuya Scenes :slight_smile:
In addition to scenes there is also a range of tweaks, new supported devices, enhancements and also new translations.

In this video I run through some of the new features in the previous minor versions, the new features in 1.4, how to update to 1.4 and also a fix to improve entities not automatically updating and changing state.

Hi @MarkWattTech !
I watched a lot of your videos about HA already, thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this, it’s been very helpful !
I’ve got a question about the Tuya integration, I’ve installed the V2 successfuly but I still can’t access my garage door magnet sensor… Everything else is working perfectly, but it looks like only the Local Tuya integration is able (with some tweaking) to retrieve this.

I was hopping the Tuya V2 would solve this but I can’t find a way to do it. Any idea maybe ? Let me know if you’re available to have a little chat about that, I can be found on Discord, Telegram, Signal or whatever :wink: your call !

Thanks again !
Simon

Or, ask here where many could help and learn.

1 Like

Hey Simon. Thank you! I appreciate the support and feedback.

Does the door sensor show up in the new integration? Potentially it just may not be supported yet, and the best way to get it supported will be to open an issue on the Tuya v2 Git Page (if there’s not already one open).

That way the developers can be made aware of it and support can be worked on

If there’s one open, then add to it, as the more popular items will be worked on first.

Thanks, yes I think there’s already one opened. I commented it and hope for the best :wink:
Ty !

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with creating my own HA cameras recently. I have put together a video with some of the simplest solutions I started out with. These options are very basic and just focus on letting you access a Cameras Live stream in HA.

Might be useful for anyone wanting to start tinkering with cameras, or if you just want to get your webcam/pi cam into HA :slight_smile:

More advanced options to come with 3D printed enclosures, person, motion and object detection!

If you have any cool camera projects then feel free to share!

Check it out :

I’ve recently been playing around with lots of LCX projects and have been asked a lot about creating a Proxmox tutorial. I’ve also been asked a lot about good cheap Intel NUC alternative’s.

So here’s a mashup of the two!

In this video I give a quick look at an inexpensive mini PC that runs Proxmox and a HA VM pretty well. I then run through the install and setup of Proxmox, the setup of the HA Virtual Machine, and how to add your USB Zigbee Coordinators to your VM.

If you are starting to outgrow your Pi4, but don’t want to fully commit to spending a lot on a mini PC, this might be a good option :slight_smile: Their are tons of Mini PC’s available, if you have a mini PC that you think works well then share below :smiley:

Check it out!

Update 2021.9 released but has been retracted due to some issues that seem to be effecting Pi 3’s.

I don’t imagine it will be long before it’s fixed and made available to everyone again. Another great release and glad to see the energy management is still getting a lot of love.

Here’s 5 Features I personally like in update 2021.9 along with some information from the Release Party Live Stream.

Check it out :

Over the last week or so I have been playing round with Reolinks new Dual Lensed camera.

During the playing around and testing period I tested multiple methods for getting that camera into HA. So here’s a video with 3 of my preferred ways.

The first two methods can also be used with other brands of cameras (RTSP + ONVIF) providing the cameras support the protocols.

I’ve been using the Tractive Dog4 Tracker for a few weeks now. It’s a GPS Tracker for pets and has a HA integration.

It does require a subscription to use the GPS tracking service, but it’s not crazy expensive and can be useful if you have pets that love to adventure!

Using the integration allows you to create some Pet based automations. In this video I briefly cover what the Tracker is, the setup, how to get it into HA and 3 automations I have been using.

I will be creating a full written review for the Tracker soon if you are interested.

If you are a Eufy user, you will know that getting your Cameras and Sensors into Home Assistant isn’t the easiest.

Here are 3 methods that can help!

In the Video I look at :

• RTSP
  • Eufy MQTT Bridge (Add-on)
  • Eufy Security (Integration)

Over the last few months Tuya have been working on a new integration for Home Assistant. In Home Assistant 2021.10 Tuya v2 has had it’s first commit into HA Core. It is now available as the official integration and directly replaces the original.

The integrations code has been refactored in Home Assistant Code reviews and meets Home Assistants integration standards. This is different to the Version that is available on HACS, but the HACS version will continue as the BETA integration.

This is a breaking change and not a direct upgrade.

In this video I run through some quick information about the integration and Tuya, as well as a full detailed walkthrough of the setup of the Developer account, Cloud Project and Tuya integration.

Check it out : https://youtu.be/f8-7Hvrmh3Y

The End of Tuya v2?

Yesterday Tuya announced the End of the Tuya v2 Home Assistant integration. In short Tuya v2 which was available through HACS will now no longer be developed.

Instead focuses will be directly on contributing to the new Tuya Integration in Home Assistant Core. Tuya v2 and the New HA Core Tuya integration are separate and different integrations. Tuya will still be helping with contributions to the Core integration.

They do both utilize Tuyas’ new Open API’s but v2 isn’t sanitized and doesn’t comply with Home Assistants standards and practices. This is why The new Tuya Integration is separate from v2 as it had to be built from the ground up.

This does however work out well as there will now only be one place to report issues and one place request features etc.

In this video I quickly run through the above and then run through some various troubleshooting for the new Core integration, and finish up with a quick look at some of the Awesome work that the Legend that is Frack has been doing!

Lots of support for products that have been highly requested from HA Tuya users,

If you want to see more details on the new new features be sure to checkout Franck’s Twitter and the HA Core PR’s!

TLDR; Tuya v2 which was available through HACS will now no longer be developed, instead all focuses and contributions will be made to the new Core Version.

Check it out :

If you are interested in helping test the latest release of Home Assistant, or maybe you just want some of the new features early then this quick guide should help you out.

If you’re a HA Tuya user then you can grab the Beta and start checking out all of the new Tuya additions included in the Beta. Make sure you have backups and make sure to report any issues you encounter!

You can see the Beta release notes here https://rc.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/10/27/release-202111/

Use the Alexa Skill Sound Effects Library in Home Assistant