New home: better lighting solution?

Hi

I am building a new house in which I will enter in December.
For the lights, in my current apartment I use (with home assistant) a mix of Shelly and LIFX.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice for the best light hardware to integrated into home assistant? My requirement is to be able to dim most of the lights and in some places (living room), even change color.

I am not very satisfied with the solutions I have today. LIFX does not allow you to choose some solutions: spot, LED filament bulb, lamps with a particular design, etc . Shelly does not allow to dim the light.

I would like to have a solution as flexible as possible.

Thank you very much for helping
Dante

Welcome to the community!!

Have you had a look at the Philips Hue range? Depending on where you are in the world depends on the availability of products, but you may be able to order from another country if they match what you have.

I used ‘normal’ switches everywhere, which are run back to my central power closet. I’ve placed fibaro dimmers in there. The reason for this approach, is that my wife still likes to use the ‘normal’ switches we had, and I didn’t find any smart switches i liked (in the EU).

Sorry if I answer so late.
I was very busy with my new home.
Thanks a lot for the advice.

In the meantime shelly.cloud released the “shelly dimmer” :blush:.
I have therefore adopted this system in some lights.

For others I did “hue + shelly/lifx”, where the shelly only acts as a “detached binary_sensor” and turns the light on with an automation. Now I am satisfied!

Thank you all
Regards
Dante