New install HA App (android) won't setup "Home Assistant has stopped"

Ok, after several weeks trying to find out what’s wrong, I give up and post this topic asking for help.

I’ve been using HA Mobile app for Android for several years now with no problems whatsoever.

Some weeks ago, more than I can remember, probably 1 month, my installed HA App stopped working.

After trying to insist on it with no success I finally uninstalled and installed it back, only to find out that every time I try to set it up it crashes right after switching the location on.

The app detects the server on the network, it asks for login credentials and 2FA, then on the connect/finish no matter if I switch location on or off, as soon as I press “Finish” it tries to connect and fails with “Home Assistant has stopped” error, and an option to restart the app.

Is this scenario familiar to anyone here?
Can ayone assist with finding a way to debug this or finding out the reason behind this?
I have no logs on the server side, at least with the default log level, not on Core, not on supervisor.

I’m running Android 8.0 on a Sony Xperia XZ and my server info is:

System Health

version: core-2022.3.8
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
user: root
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.9.9
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.10.108
arch: x86_64
timezone: Europe/Lisbon

logged_in: false
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: ok

host_os: Home Assistant OS 7.6
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: supervisor-2022.03.5
docker_version: 20.10.9
disk_total: 30.8 GB
disk_used: 7.2 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: ova
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: File editor (5.3.3), SSH & Web Terminal (10.1.1), Samba share (9.5.1), Check Home Assistant configuration (3.10.0), Z-Wave JS (0.1.55), Signal Messenger (0.55.0), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.106.2)

dashboards: 4
resources: 2
views: 24
mode: storage

api_endpoint_reachable: ok

TIA,
-jprates

sounds like you are seeing a crash, we would need to see the error logs from a tool like Logcat Reader or Android Studio to look at the error to proceed.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the idea, and sorry for the delay answering, but I’ve been away.

I have the log saved to txt file from the moment I enter the 2FA code till the app crashes while setting up for the first time.

How can I attach the file (just 107 KB) to one post here?

Any help is of course greatly appreciated as this is only not working on my phone, it works with every other phone in the family :unamused:

Codepile? I guess that would be easiest?

Didn’t know about it… let’s give it a try:

Log here

Can you see it above?