New Install move to Another IP

I currently have a Raspberry Pi HA installation that I’m pleased with. I want to create a similar installation at my home and then move to my son’s new home.

Is it as simple as changing the HA URL?

Anything to be concerned about for DuckDNS? What is the suggested remote support of the HA installation?

I am assuming you are using HAOS in which case you don’t really need to do anything. Just create a backup of your system and then restore that on the new one at your sons house. HA is using the IP address of the device.

For example, my main HA is on an Rpi with address ending in .105. I also have another HA instance running in a virtual machine on a windows laptop. This address ends in .107 and this is my test environment. Every now and then I create a backup of the Rpi and load that onto the VM just to bring back to sync.

I don’t use it much but for remote access I use Tailscale and the companion app on my phone. Seems to work okay.

I’ve done the exact same thing for my brother. With the Cloudflared addon is will be plug and play at your son’s house. The addon will ‘reach out’ to the internet saying ‘I’m here’, which will work from any location. DuckDNS (and the firewall at your sons house) has to be configured to send requests to the location of your HA device.

You could also use the same domain name for both houses, e.g.: