New Install, New User, and personal introduction

Not so sure about Gitlab… Github seems to be where it’s at and it’s where HA is at. The Microsoft hatred over github had dissipated I thought…

It would be suicide on MS part if they dicked around with it.

1 Like

The Linux kernel, among other things, is now somewhat under MS control. Scary.

1 Like

not that I have an opinion on Github in either direction but that isn’t necessarily correct.

Microsoft has “dicked around” with every product they own and are still standing after a few instances of very horrible “dicking”.

:smile:

1 Like

Well said. If they really truly loved Linux, they would offer their “flagship” features for Linux users who were willing to purchase them. I know I wouldn’t buy any though. They’ve destroyed enough of the computing world. SCO anyone?

1 Like

I didn’t say they haven’t done it in the past, but in regards to Github it would be suicide, Remember they do rely on developers for their existence. piss a whole generation off and they would be doomed.

Anyway,s , Github is the official document repository for HA, whether owned by a company someone doesn’t like or not. so like i said if its not posted there it runs the risk of being lost in the forums

Windows developers, yes. So they just leave Windows only repos untouched.

I agree that HA had made that decision but that does not mean I need to agree with it.

1 Like

So what you are specifically targeting is, my heavy handed commentary will forever be lost in the forums. Got it.

No, Any documentation or specific setups will be lost over time in the forums and may not be updated.

Ive seen much commentary around about the evil Microsoft and github but the consensus seems to be that it’s nothing to be worried about.

1 Like