New Integration: Inception Alarm System

Hi guys, great work, I just wanted to know if a arming mode can be added to allow the exit delay instead of an instant full arm, I looked on postman an it just requires “ExitDelay”: true to be added to the arming sequence. But I am not sure where it would go in the script non git hub.

If you change line 72-81 of /src/entities/inception.ts to be like

export const postControlAreaActivity = async (id: string, controlType: string) => {
  try {
    await axios.post(`${config.base_url}/control/area/${id}/activity`, {
      Type: 'ControlArea',
      AreaControlType: controlType,
      ExitDelay: true
    }, {
      headers: {
        Cookie: `LoginSessId=${userID}`
      }
    });

Notice the delay parameter, this will honor the time set for an exit delay in inception.

If you also want to include a seal check, you can add SealCheck: true to the parameter list.

Hi @stewball, @mattl
This was so helpful, thanks!
All is working great however I am not getting an Armed payload message from my limited understanding here. I can arm/disarm from HA, however the status in the Alarm card is always presenting as disarmed even when armed or I have noted it does display alarming when the system has been triggered. Would you have any idea why can’t seem to get the system to report when its Armed? Possibly a template between Armed (integrity) and Armed_away (card) in the standard card perhaps?
No doubt something simple I am missing sorry…
Thanks in advance,
Dane

It seems to work fine for me. What happens when you press ‘Arm Away’ on the Home Assistant alarm panel?

Same issue for me. Arming and Disarming works, though the state isn’t reported into home assistant. All areas just show disarmed.

What happens when you press ‘Arm Away’ on the Home Assistant alarm panel?

It arms the system, it just doesn’t change the state in Home Assistant

Hey everyone,

I have been running Sam’s plug-in for a while.
I am use the inception to trigger actions in HA all the time, eg hardwired and wireless motion sensors on inceptions to control lights in HA and remotes on inception to control roller door through HA.

I am finding that quite often that HA doesn’t seem to respond to anything from the inception. It can remain unresponsive anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes or longer.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I have no idea how to work out a way to debug and fix this issue.

Hi, I’m looking at buying an Inception system and wanting to integrate it with HA. Chris Duncan’s post concerns me though. I’m wanting to use the motion sensors to trigger various lighting events. Is it responsive enough for this to be viable? There really needs to be almost no perceivable latency for this to work well.

I’ve been using the inception-mqtt container for well over a year and it has never skipped a beat!
Waving my hand in my study, the PIR picking up movement and HA seeing ‘motion’ is under 2 seconds.

Thanks for replying. 2 seconds actually sounds like quite a lot of latency to me. Does it feel snappy? Is it at least consistent? i.e. you don’t notice any difference in latency between one event and the next.

No worries!
It is snappy, a fair bit of latency is cause by the Inception itself I believe - the second it spits out a change via the API, the rest will be quick.

I have a wireless reed switch on my pantry which triggers an automation directly to CBUS from within the Inception, and this takes approx 1 second to fire (important stuff which I bypass HA for!)

Ive been running this via the inception-mqtt container since the beginning and have found it incredibly reliable.

I started using the alarms roller reed switch on the garage door to give me the door state and reminder notifications (that Home Assistant pushes to the app, and my google home)!

Installed the Inception yesterday and got the integration up and running. Does anyone have any idea how I can access additional information from the Inception? Specifically I would like to get the Last Access Event with attributes showing me the Door Name, User, Time and Access Method. I’d like to trigger other actions dependant on these attributes.