New light groups. Why migrate?

So 0.65 comes with new light groups - https://home-assistant.io/components/light.group/

I’d already grouped my lights using the standard group functionality, and they behaved as expected (one switch for the group etc.)

So what’s the benefit of the new light groups? Is it worth moving to them?

It looks to me like the main reason for moving to them to to be able to do things like colour / brightness across all the lights that support it. I don’t think that is possible with a normal group

you are correct only on/off was allowed before.

My current groups can do brightness.

And colour temp. Looks like you can’t do RGB choice if some of the lights in the group don’t do RGB though.

Hmm I don’t think it’s good as the 'standard ’ groups of lights. Instead of creating a group containing the lights, and a toggle switch at the top for the group, the ‘group’ switch appears in the list of lights…

And it seems bugged as instead of the group card being called the name of the group, it just says ‘Light’

this in the light component

- platform: group
  name: Living Room Lights
  entities:
    - light.living_room_ceiling_left
    - light.living_room_ceiling_right
    - light.living_room_window_lamp
    - light.living_room_corner_lamp

gives me

whereas this in the groups component (the old way)

living_room_lights:
  name: Living Room Lights
  entities:
    - light.living_room_ceiling_left
    - light.living_room_ceiling_right
    - light.living_room_window_lamp
    - light.living_room_corner_lamp

in my normal groups file gives me this, which seems more useful:

Soul, I agree that the way it’s represented is more useful in the old way of grouping lights.

Any way to replicate that display with the new light group? What do the devs think?