New platform for My Home bTicino

Hello,

anybody with experience in this product along with the Livinglight series? It would be awesome if bticino built a 1gang flush device compatible with legacy series like mine. Fumbling around with 3rd party dongles like Fibaro Switch (an awesome product don’t take me wrong) and struggling to get them in the wall hole is cumbersome and annoying, and it would be awesome if bticino came up with a solution for the myriad of customers they have.

thanks

I’m sorry but, I was using with success my BTicino LivingNow hub since 3 days ago with a auto discovered integration. suddendly everything stopped working. Could anybody help me to understand what I can do?

What wall switches do you use?

do you mean the part no.?
I have the gateway with 3 roller shutters paired…
it was warking like a charm, I Don’t know what happened, there is no more integration! :frowning:

oh well, I’m still at 0.87 :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all,
I have updated the OpenWeb library and also the custom_components.
You can find here:

what a great news! I’ll update right now!

any changelog?

Any insights on this would be highly appreciated . Anybody?

works like a charm!! Thank you so much @clau67 , can I buy you a beer?

Do you accept a feature request? I have a roller shutter and a radio-speaker that I’d like to integrate in home assistant…:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

After upgrade I’m having some issues with google home. When I ask to turn a light on, google home complete the action (the light is turned on) but after it says “sorry, there was an error with…”

I write to nabu casa support, they advice me to delete the cloud file in .storage folder but nothing changed.

Any advice?

It seems that home assistant give the light status to google assistant too late.
Indeed google home says that there is an error, and after a second appears the new status.

I correctly changed the scan interval to 0.5 but nothing changed

EDIT:
Back to 0.87 with old components, works fine.

I guess that that the problem is related to my environment.
I run home assistant in a docker container on synology nas with python plugin made by synology.

I don’t undestand how to do the installation for Hass.io.
May you help me with step by step?
Regards

since last year has changed, here is written how to do.
currently I no longer use this component. perhaps better to ask the author :sweat_smile::hugs:

he @clau67 I’m getting light/turn_on undefined when trying to turn on lights… it does change the state when I manually use the real ligth switches. But the HA switch is not working.
Any idea?

hmm @clau67 somehow with Hassio and HACS installed, the docker container get’s broken and the hassio watchdog needs to reboot it.
So status changes of the lights get noticed, but trying any actions breaks the docker container.

Hi Depechie,
sorry but I do not use Hassio. I’ve tried it several times but I’ve always had problems, so I prefer to use Hassbian. Simpler, easier.

@clau67 thx for all the work by the way!!
Yeah well Hassio is awesome for finding components fast and installing them.
Do you have a link to the hasbian install? Will like to try it that way.

Here the link
https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/10/26/rip-hassbian/
The installation is now different from the past because Hassbian was (unfortunately) abandoned

1 Like

Ok managed to get it running ( Hassbian ) and indeed the bTicino plugin works great again! Thx @clau67

Ha seems installing HACS custom component also breaks the bTicino component.
Uninstalling HACS fixes it again.

Are you running any other custom components @clau67 ? Maybe there is something not correct still?