New Rasp Pi install, no HA web interface

Hello All. I decided to give HA a try on my Raspberry Pi 2 using the AIO install (I also tried the image with same results). Everything appears to install correctly, but the website interface doesn’t appear to be running.

I’ve tried accessing via localhost:8123 on the Pi and from other computers on the network – no website.

Thinking that perhaps the service didn’t autostart, I tried the directions here, it appears the service isn’t running?

Thanks for any help!
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status home-assistant@pi -l
[email protected] - Home Assistant
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]; enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2016-12-06 21:06:37 CST; 2s ago
Process: 1380 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hass (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
Main PID: 1380 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Dec 06 21:06:37 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Home Assistant.
Dec 06 21:06:37 raspberrypi systemd[1380]: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/hass: No such file or directory
Dec 06 21:06:37 raspberrypi systemd[1]: [email protected]: main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Dec 06 21:06:37 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Unit [email protected] entered failed state.

Maybe that is a remnant from a previous installation?

I just installed HomeAssistant on a Raspberry2 using the AIO interface. The installer created the systemd file as “home-assistant.service”, not “[email protected]”.

Perhaps you should check to see if there is a systemd file with that name in your /etc/systemd/system directory.
If there is, try running
sudo systemctl status home-assistant -l

I don’t think this is from some previous install-- I wiped the card and did a new Raspbian Jessie install first then followed the guide for the all in one installer…

I see home-assistant in that directory, I tried what you suggested and get a different result at least – this time it looks like it isn’t happy with something in the config file?

pi@raspberrypi:/etc/systemd/system $ sudo systemctl status home-assistant -l
● home-assistant.service - Home Assistant
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/home-assistant.service; enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2016-12-08 07:42:37 CST; 23min ago
Process: 2188 ExecStart=/srv/hass/hass_venv/bin/hass -c /home/hass/.homeassistant (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 2188 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Dec 08 07:42:25 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Home Assistant.
Dec 08 07:42:36 raspberrypi hass[2188]: ERROR:homeassistant.util.yaml:mapping values are not allowed here
Dec 08 07:42:36 raspberrypi hass[2188]: in “/home/hass/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml”, line 46, column 9
Dec 08 07:42:36 raspberrypi hass[2188]: Config directory: /home/hass/.homeassistant

OK, that sounds very familiar. Is line 46 in your configuration.yaml file related to MQTT?
If so, try this. Comment out the MQTT section in the configuration.yaml file and restart Home Assistant.
Let us know if that works

I ended up doing a manual install last night, things went well and I’m up and running – thanks for the help though!

Glad to hear you got it working.