New Request: ROTH Touchline - Underfloor Heating System

This is lacking functionality in the component. @pilehave working on adding the operation status to the touchline component.

1 Like

I changed a few details in the component, you are more than welcome to test it out, download from http://cm3.dk/touchline.zip.

It is not a problem to enable setpoints (min. and max. temp.), but it is really not that useful, as none of the programs/modes makes use of it. It is only a failsafe lower/higher temperature, that will prevent freezing of the water in the heating system and overheating, which can cause damage to wooden floors.

BTW; my system runs the 2.8 firmware (I have the older controller).

1 Like

It is working…

Great work.

Hi @pilehave have
Will your updates be included in the next hass.io release?
/th

Hi @taugusti
I just forked the home-assistant project and created my own repository, and then created a pull-request. All the documentation and test are a bit over my head, but let’s see if it gets approved :wink:

Fantastic - great!
If someone wants me to help test I would be glad to…
@abondoe - can I help somehow?

Good job! :+1:

Was there any changes to the configuration.yaml file? Otherwise I don’t think the documentation needs to be updated. The component was initially approved without any tests, let’s see.

You can update the description of the PR and link to the below reported issue:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/12196

1 Like

Hi

There are no changes to the configuration.yaml - so the component should work as before (no breaking changes).

1 Like

I am building a new house and are checking out different systems for under floor heating. If I can get it nicely integrated in HA it would be a nice bonus.
Is it possible to run the ROTH touchline system without the thermostat units?
E.g. Use sensor input from my other temperature sensors and HA to control the ROTH master unit?

Operation mode isn’t working, Any chance for an update?

Hi,

I’ve got this ROTH Touchline to work in HA, but it seems the thermostat entities and the actual physical thermostats are being randomly mixed up on every restart of HA. Example: Physical Thermostat #1 is first assigned to enitity_id “climate.nn”, while Physical Thermostat #2 is assigned to entity_id “climate.nn_2”. After reboot of HA it is opposit: Physical Thermostat #1 = climate.nn_2 and Physical Thermostat #1 = climate.nn. This makes the ROTH component totaly useless as I have to reassign thermostats to correct entities after every reboot. Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks!

I also experience exactly the same problem with the entities on reboot.
I’ve two Roth Touchlines in the house - old type with LAN (unknown FW). One sertup as master and the other as slave. Initially i tried to establish contact to both using the official Roth app. But never got a connection to the second one. It simply couldn’t be found ?? I can ‘see it’ and ping it, but the app refuses to find it. So the master sensors 5 thermostat entities are named in the app and transferred to HA with name. The other 5 entities came in to HA without names (off course) and are ‘friendly named’ in customize.yaml

climate.nn:
  friendly_name: Badeværelse gæst
climate.nn_3:
  friendly_name: Alrum
climate.nn_2:
  friendly_name: Gang
climate.nn_4:
  friendly_name: Bryggers
climate.nn_5:
  friendly_name: Rasmus værelse 

On every HA reboot the slave entities are shuffled and hence are useless… :roll_eyes:

Two reboots gives this shuffle for the five entities:
Alrum: Original: nn_3 first reboot:nn_4 second reboot:nn
Rasmus: Original: nn_5 first reboot:nn second reboot:nn_2
Gang: Original: nn_2 first reboot:nn_3 second reboot:nn_5
Badevær. Original: nn first reboot:nn_2 second reboot:nn_4
Bryggers: Original: nn_4 first reboot:nn_5 second reboot:nn_3

Alrum name equals sensor with nn_4 values after first reboot. After second reboot it changes again to the sensor which originally had nn values and so on.

Can’t the ‘friendly named’ slave entities be locked to the physical sensors in some way ?
It works perfectly with found and named sensors from the Roth app.

Any feedback appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance

Hi

I try to setup the Roth Touchline.

I can see in the log when I change the set point to e.g. 7d.g. but this is not send back to the thermostat. …

2019-03-20 09:46:53 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=climate.n_n, new_state=<state climate.n_n=unknown; friendly_name=Temp 01 - test, max_temp=35, supported_features=1, min_temp=7, current_temperature=23.1, temperature=9.0 @ 2019-03-20T10:45:07.346896+01:00>, old_state=<state climate.n_n=unknown; friendly_name=Temp 01 - test, max_temp=35, supported_features=1, min_temp=7, current_temperature=23.1, temperature=32.5 @ 2019-03-20T10:45:07.346896+01:00>>

hmm. it works. but with a delay of … 2 min ??

can I adjust the sensitivity ?

climate:

scan_interval: 10 do not solve my issue

Attached to this post is a link to a new version of the “climate.py” component for Roth Touchline, including the ability to set the operation mode via presets.

I made this new version, because I use it myself (I also made an older version, from before HA was updated with a new climate architecture)

The component is compatible with version 0.96.5.

I’ll see if I have the time to make a PR and go through all the hoops that awaits …

Remember to make a backup of the current “climate.py” if you find the new version worse than the old.

Zipped climate.py on my server (cm3.dk)

Thank you for your efforts to improve this integration. Have tested it for a while and it works great! Will be good if this improved version would have been added to the official HA integration as well.

1 Like

Hi, try this in your climate platform:

http://192.168.225.51

I dont know why this is NOT documented, but i got 6 devices out of 10 that i got running in my Roth system.
Do you know why i dont got all of them?
I got this error now:

[homeassistant.components.climate] touchline: Error on device update!
not well-formed (invalid token)

Hi guys, i use the climate platform in Hassio, i got 10 Roth display, i only see 6 of them in Home-assistant.

I got this error in log:

2019-10-08 21:54:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] touchline: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 292, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 441, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/touchline/climate.py", line 52, in update
    self.unit.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytouchline/__init__.py", line 60, in update
    response = self._request_and_receive_xml(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pytouchline/__init__.py", line 128, in _request_and_receive_xml
    return xml(content)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1315, in XML
    parser.feed(text)
  File "<string>", line None
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1, column 186

My climate platform is:

- platform: touchline
    host: http://192.168.1.51

Can someone give me ideas how to fix this?

@pilehave
Did your climate.py solve the delay issue ?
I exchanged the climate.py in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/touchline/

My climate platform is:

- platform: touchline
    host: http://192.168.1.51

Dit I miss a config issue ?

people addresed issue after 6 sesnsors; is this also solved in your version ?
thx.

1 Like

Hi @janushansen
I still got this issue with more than 7 sensors. (i got 10) i started with only 6 sensors.

Meaby i should try to change the climate.py to solve this!, do you know @pilehave what version i should use of climate.py - meaby your latest one?