New Router - Now HASSIO is not working

I recently installed a new Ubiquiti router and access points to replace a failing mess router. The default IP ranges were different that (192.168.2… vs. 192.168.1…). Took the defaults thinking I would just manually update my HA devices where i needed to in HA. That was more of a chore than I anticipated and once I got things changed where needed in my config file I discovered that although I can sign on to Home Assistant I can’t do anything.

I get a small box at the bottom right that says “Do you want to stay logged in”. I can navigate everywhere in HA but as soon as I try to do something (turn on a light) it kicks me back to the log on screen almost like the action authentication failed and it didn’t know what to do. I get no indication of what the failure is in the HA logs, which it lets me look at. I can’t execute the check config and I have lodged in with different users with the same results.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hmm,

Something similar happened to me going from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.2.x.
Eventually I found out it had to do with IP6 in the router, as that seemed to mess thing up…so disabled IP6 on my EdgeRouter and things went back to normal.
I’m still investigating, and plan to enable IP6 at some state :wink:
(is this KPN too?)

Thanks for the reply… I am using a USG and second guessing the decision over the edge router. I checked the network definitions and I do not have any IPv6 ranges enabled so that does not appear to be the issue.

I also that none of my IOS mobile apps would connect. I managed to sign out of Nabu Casa and log back in. Still no go… so I deleted and reloaded the apps and they seem to be back on line… so at least there is some progress… :slight_smile:

Try refreshing your browser cache (in Chrome it’s ctrl+shift+r I believe).

Or better yet, open in a different browser. If it works fine there you know it’s something in your browser cache causing the issue.

Great suggestion… I happen to be using Safari as I do most of my work on a Mac. I do have a couple of windows PCs so I tried on of those loaded with FireFox. While the log on returned the same screen the app behavior changed. I was able to select the ‘yes’ option in the ‘remain logged in’ box and it stayed on where on the Mac it kicks me back to the log in screen.

An additional clue that I realized this morning is my access to the HA file system seems to have changed. On the Mac I went into ESPHome and edited a device to change the ip assigned. while it let me edit I could not save it. I had the same issue when I used Visual Studio. Interestingly when I tried the same edits on the FireFox through the Home Assistant front end, it worked.

I then flushed the cash on my Mac and retried the same update. It still failed so it appears there is something related to my mac I still have to figure out.

Sounds like it might also be related to your tokens. If you click on your profile (bottom of sidebar) and scroll to the bottom of that window, you should see all your Refresh Tokens. You can delete any unused tokens, including the one for your Mac, clear your safari cache (if possible…not an apple user) and log in from there again. When you choose to remain logged in, it should create a new token for your safari browser.

The same should apply for your VScode token…except this one should be under the Long Lived Access Tokens.

I was unable to delete refresh tokens form my Mac but I could from the IOS app. I deleted all tokens except the mobile app token. Went back to my Mac and cleared all cashe from the Safari Developer menu and then signed into HA on a Safari browser. The log incas successful and I got the home screen with the ‘do you want to stay logged in’ box… I selected ‘yes’ and it kicked me out to the log in screen. It added a new token but didn’t let me update anything… again.