New router, same old issues w/ VM of HASSIO

I am having serious issues trying to restore my HASSIO instance from a Virtualbox VM. I was hoping to just get access and save a snapshot to restore to a RPI 3 B+ to be the basis of my new home automation hub in a new home. However, just recently, I got a new router and modem so I may be experiencing network issues due to the new IP assignment mis-matching my configuration.

I had it working earlier today but now it’s lost again. I have some weird errors and many of the other CLI commands don’t return expected results. They just show errors and kick back out. The supervisor errors show some interesting feedback but I’m lost on where to start.

I’ve spent 3+ hrs trying an endless loop of Home Assistant forum searches, tinker, restart, no success, Google search, tinker, restart. Nothing has worked. How much time do you guys actually spend on this per week? I can’t really get excited about the cool projects if time troubleshooting is so demanding.

See a screenshot of my supervisor logs below:

Is that all? :stuck_out_tongue:

In fairness, you have performed a major modification in your architecture. The amount of actual “troubleshooting” I do is probably 2 hours a week. Everything else works out fine.

On the surface that looks like you have a DNS issue were you cannot resolve the registry-1.docker.io host name.

Can you ping your router from that VM?

Can you ping google.com from that VM?

There is information missing, such as what network mode do you have your VM in? NAT? Bridged?

There are lots of steps between “restore Virtualbox VM” and “issue with Home Assistant” here …

A few hours every 3 weeks when there is a new release to fix possible breaking changes,otherwise I barely touch HA for fixing bugs.