New Shelly Motion not updating status - Is it compatible already?

well not quite… they are installed and with all the entities but they dont update… maybe i need to upgrade the firmware. how do we do that? going inside its ip?

I still have not been able to get it to connect to the shelly integration. I just tried the factory reset method and that didn’t work. Then I tried the reset followed by adding the coiot stuff before adding wifi and now for some reason I can’t get it to connect to my wifi. I tried the factory reset via button (10 second press according to doc) and it’s not going into ap mode so basically stuck at the moment. Not exactly what I expected from a $40 motion sensor.

so before it all, just download the integation from offical source. not from HACS.

Then, just press that button like 15 secs! and then wait for a singular blue color and so others after. then grab your mobile phone, and look for its wifi address, connect to it and then go to 192.168.33.1

try that and let me know. ill be here . trying to get them to work properly.

Yeah, I’ve been down the road of resetting it a few times before and haven’t had an issue until now. After holding the reset button for a good 15 seconds or so I’m not getting to the solid blue light or seeing it transmit an AP. It’s currently cycling through colors. Don’t have much time to deal with it now so will have to mess with it later

1 Like

Btw, the color led’s are starting to get really dim really fast which is strange since the battery was at like 88% not long ago. I’m thinking it’s stuck in some loop or something and killing the battery fast. Maybe once it drops enough to shut down the chips it will force a hard reset which is probably what it needs.

well now all became unavailable when I installed the HACS one as well. <Going to Remove it and see
i think this is my last 2 Shelly devices!!!

I’m on 2021.3.3 and have a Shelly H&T connected. It still only connects when I first set it up and then it becomes unavailable. This is the same thing that happened before 2021.3.0, so it either doesn’t work or I’m doing something wrong (probably this one). The device is connected to my 2.4 network already.

yeah im stuck there too. tomorrow going to restart again

yeah im stuck there too. tomorrow going to restart again

Finally mine came to live! I will double test it tomorrow!

Oh nice! What did you do to make it work and how did the test go?

I also have a thread going here about this topic: Shelly H&T unavailable data

Ok, I finally think i got it. I followed slowly and preciswly with the indications of @MarcoAlmeida, and key factors were.

1- when entering coiot, if you are using remote access you must enter the actual address that you use with the correct certificate. what i mean is that my ip is the regular 192.168.1.2, but since now i have a remote access using duckdns i have entered the address that corresponds to the certificate. what i didnt put was https:// I just entered the address without that ex. myhomeassistant.duckdns.org:5683

after this all went ok. but make sure to factory reset, then enter wifi, and then do the colot on your pc, ( you need to find the IP address of that sensor)

KEY FACTOR- if for some reason you loose internet connection on the device, you have to start all over! for some reason then cant connect back on its own… so that was a key factor for me.

For me it worked after entering local IP of HA.
Login to Shelly motion UI in browser over IP -> Internet & Security -> COIOT -> Enable -> add HA local IP together with port 5683 (eg.: “192.168.xx.xx:5683”), -> Reboot device. No factory reset, no nothing. It comes back alive in HA right after restart of sensor.
Tried rebooting router, but did not faced any issues coming back online after wifi is on again.

1 Like

Finally I made them to work… THank you for all the help

So after messing with this some more I finally found what was holding me back. At some point, I installed the “Shelly for Hass” integration via HACS and totally forgot about it. I believe this was conflicting with the native Shelly integration. Once I removed that one via HACS and rebooted I was then able to use the native Shelly integration without an issue with this motion sensor.

2 Likes

This is weird because I first setup a shelly motion and worked nice with home assistant without any configuration. Then it died (can’t even charge) and I started using a backup sensor I bought because I was fearing this. That one is discovered by home assistant but it never updates its values and after a day it becomes unavailable. The rest works nice : reports to mqtt, activates other lights and that stuff. I don’t understand why this one may need the mentioned configuration. I will try and report, thanks

Hello Marco,

I wanted to get some Shelly Motion sensors, but I wanted to be sure of all the entities reported by the device, could you show me the entities with reported values as an example? Does the battery level report correctly with the native shelly integration?

Thanks,

Alessandro

Hello Alex.

I have over 15 Shelly motions. and just 2 or 3 are not so acurate on the baterry level. not sure why

15? You live in a castle. :slight_smile:

What I wanted to know if there’s an entity for the battery level. Unfortunately on some sensors battery level reporting is not present or it’s not reliable. Since this sensor is not cheap, before buying it I want to be sure. I have many shelly devices but this is a new one and I didn’t read much about it.

I’m still undecided between the Shelly Motion and the Philips Hue Motion (zigbee).

Thanks for the reply.

well like i said, only a few are not reliable. not sure why. but i have given up on z-wave zigbee devices…