New Shelly Motion not updating status - Is it compatible already?

Hi, do the Shelly Motions require the internet/cloud once configured in HA?

Curious to know if they support MQTT locally as well so its not reliant on Shelly’s cloud service or the internet for daily use (excluding firmware).

Hey, you can use them locally with HA, no cloud access needed. The shelly support COIOT, as well as MQTT

3 Likes

So can I ask for an overall opinion of these Shelly motion sensors? I’m looking for a decent motion sensor to add to HA, and this will be my first motion sensor.

I definitely want something using wifi without any hub, quick response time and good battery life, good at not being triggered by false positives (dogs in my case), and I really want it to be reliable and easy. I’ve come across a number of discussions about these Shelly sensors with some people having problems and I’m not really sure if they are likely to just work nicely, or if I can expect headaches with them.

Thanks.

With firmware 1.1.1 (stabile) or 1.1.3-rc11 (beta) it works very well.

OK, thanks. I’ll get one and see how it goes.

I updated the firmare to 20210919-083708/v2.0.0@aeef8816 and luminosity stays to 0lx :frowning:

1 Like

I know this is an old topic. But has anyone actually gotten these working through MQTT. It appears to me that with updated firmware Shelly stopped sending the status message. It seems ridiculous that they broke their own stated API for the device and have not fixed it.