New sonoff problem

i got up today and whole sonoff integration has stopped working.

my configuration.yaml has not changed (i use cloud control, cause my system is a VM and local control was a problem for me).

today when i was looking under integration, i saw a problem under sonoff, with the option to “reconfigure”.
going forward with it, i was asked to put in my ewelink credentials.

when adding the user and password that are already in my yaml config (or some other of my sonoff shared accounts) i get a notification:
“appid is unauthorized!” followed by a string of characters.

i tried removing the integration, reloading it from hacs and reconfigure it, but nothing helped so far

did anyone else shared this problem, or have any idea where can i check for a solution?

4 Likes

Hi , Sorry no help but have exactly the same issue. Have tried removing and starting again but with no luck

well… some comfort in knowing i m not here by myself…

Yep me too

This worked for me:

Just do a restart after you make the change

8 Likes

Hi, I also had similar issue… and restarting didnt work.
Still getting the appid is unauthorized error

Did you change the lines in the file before you restarted?

Change what lines?

I can’t emphasize enough how much i hate these cloud based devices, and because of this very same problem that i’ve had in the past. That’s why i changed all my sonoffs, tuya’s…. To esphome firmware. No problems since.

Happen to have a link or anything on how to do that?

These lines inside /custom_components/sonoff/core/ewelink/cloud.py

1 Like

Changing lines 107 and 157 will not fix all problems. The devices I have in the cloud do not work.

You mean for esphome? Sure… it’s custom firmware for these boards. It’s a bit of learning curve, but not a big deal if you know yaml in HA…
Here

learning curve?
Just follow their discord channel. those guys are really wonderful. Will help with any esphome-related issue.

As for this issue, I just choose local control and everything is working fine.

this worked thank you

1 Like

Click on the link and read the post that I linked to.

This fixed the issue. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Confirm this,
working well.

Thanks

1 Like

Excellent, many thanks for this!