New to HA, unsure on how to add some BLE devices

Hi community,

I recently setup my first HA server so I appreciate any help on this topic. I have BLE devices that I was interested in adding to HA.

1. Arlec SGS02HA PIR Motion Sensor (based on TYBT3 chip)
  2. Arlec SG022HA Smart Home Button (chip unknown)

Both of these devices normally connect to the Arlec or Tuya apps via a Bluetooth hub. They are based on Tuya. I was already able to get localtuya working find for 3 lightbulbs however I didn’t have any luck with the Bluetooth hub (it didn’t respond to HA sending packets to port 6667).

My goal was to eliminate the hub all together and instead connect them directly to HA via an esphome Bluetooth Proxy (based on ESP32). Here is my esphome config:

esphome:
  name: esphome-web-f09778
  friendly_name: Bluetooth Proxy

esp32:
  board: esp32dev
  framework:
    type: arduino

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
  encryption:
    key: "12345"

ota:

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Esphome-Web-F09778"
    password: "12345"

captive_portal:

esp32_ble_tracker:
  scan_parameters:
    interval: 1100ms
    window: 1100ms
    active: true

bluetooth_proxy:
  active: true

Based on this, I was able to get my Switchbot Bot to be discovered straight away however for the sensor and the button, no matter how many times I do a factory reset and then press the button or cause motion, HA is not able to discover the devices.

I could be doing something wrong here or perhaps my knowledge of HA isn’t up to scratch yet but I would be grateful if someone can guide me. Does an integration need to exist first? Or can these devices be added somehow as a generic BLE device?

Yes. It only forwards data on if there’s a HA integration for it.