New to Home assistant Cant Log-on to HA Green

I just received my Home Assistant Green and a ZBT-1 from Ameri Droid. I attached all the cables and the lights were flashing. I started the Home Assistant software on my iPhone, my green was listed on the page and I selected it. It then asked me to enter my login information ie Name, username, password, confirm password, then pressed create account. I waited several minutes (had dinner), but it appeared that my screen had frozen. I unplugged the green, and powered down my router etc. and tried again, after a couple of times entering my setup information, I tried accessing the green via my PC. It routed me to the login screen, but when I attempted to enter my logging credentials, it kept telling me "Invalid username or password.

I looked online and found that if I connected my green to a monitor and keyboard I could type in
“Auth reset --username existing_user --password new_password” I exchanged the existing_user and new_password for my information, and hit return. I then received an error telling me to contact supervisor.

I don’t think that i did anything wrong, is it possible that I received a reconditioned unit?

I am currently at a loss, and am not sure what to do next please help.

Have you tried resetting the device?

Hi Folks,

I have the exact same issue. System ran its updates, tried to created an account and it stalled dead.

Went into console and when I check there is no user setup at all.

Is there away of adding a virgin user via the console manually or doing a full reset without any user?

Thanks
:pray:

Hi Mark,

Have tried reflashing three times.

Flashing stalls each time at prog-id=11 op=UNLOAD.

Any thoughts?

Do you get this error when flashing or booting? Also, it would be better to see the full logs.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Error installing Home Assistant on Green

I was contacted by Brandon, he sent me information on how to download the files that I needed by going to http://green.home-assistant.io. I followed the instructions there.

Thank you again Brandon.

Good you got it solved!

Please take the time to mark the right post as the solution, you do that by selecting the three dots under the post:

Then select the check box:

By doing so the solution can be helpful to others and prevents that someone else steps in to try to help.