New widgets: media source select, climate operation mode select and media player with volume slider

you didnt bother me :wink:
i just pressed you to go on untill you found something you would love :wink:

No problem. I found it interesting to know. I think that the radio list that you have is basically a playlist and the way to change the radio station is done by the service media_player.play_media and not with the service media_player.select_source.

I can not simulate the behaviour since i do not have playlist in my media_player an my radio stations are choosen via favorites.

@ReneTode I know i liked it :slight_smile: I just gotta give credit whenever possible

@gcosta74 thanks I appreciate you trying to help figure it out.

If you look at source_list that is all of my favorites that can be called from HA. radio is played by tunein and i store the startions I listen to in favorites and then they show up in ha. to call that station or playlist i use

rapcaviar:
  alias: "RapCaviar"
  sequence:
    - service: media_player.sonos_join
      data:
        master: media_player.basement
      entity_id:
        - media_player.basement
        - media_player.bedroom
        - media_player.living_room
    - service: media_player.volume_set
      data:
        entity_id:
          - media_player.basement
          - media_player.bedroom
        volume_level: "0.4"
    - service: media_player.select_source
      data_template:
        entity_id:
          - media_player.basement
          - media_player.bedroom
        source: 'RapCaviar'
1 Like

I get a
Unable to find widget type ‘media_with_volume’

any suggestions?

Have you downloaded all the files and put them inside the subfolder custom_widgets ?

Thanks for replying!

The custom_widgets folder is in the config folder. It contains the downloaded files.

Still getting the Unable to find widget type ‘media_with_volume’

Har uninstalled and reinstalled AppDaemon2 several times and I am pretty sure it is from the right repo.

Greatfull for help on this one.

wrong config directory.
you need to use the config directory from appdaemon, where alse the file appdaemon.yaml is.

Thanks, @ReneTode. I actually go it in that folder as well. Dosn`t make any difference. Same result:

Thus is from my dash.dash firle:

your_speaker:
widget_type: media_with_volume
title: Anlegg
title2:
entity: media_player.reciever_stue
icon_on: mdi-speaker
icon_off: mdi-speaker-off
step: 3

your_media_select:
widget_type: media_select
entity: media_player.your_media_player
title: Musikk
title2: Your Subtitle

so you got all files?
configdir/custom_widgets/base_media_with_volume/base_media_with_volume.js
configdir/custom_widgets/base_media_with_volume/base_media_with_volume.html
configdir/custom_widgets/base_media_with_volume/base_media_with_volume.css
configdir/custom_widgets/media_with_volume.yaml

and appdaemon has rights there?

Yep, and just went from bad to worse. Getting an:

2018-02-03 18:44:14.224380 WARNING ------------------------------------------------------------
2018-02-03 18:44:14.225779 INFO function [get_dashboard] finished in 1524 ms
Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py”, line 410, in start
resp = yield from self._request_handler(request)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py”, line 325, in _handle
resp = yield from handler(request)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_middlewares.py”, line 93, in impl
return (yield from handler(request))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py”, line 213, in coro
res = yield from res
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/rundash.py”, line 130, in load_dash
return web.Response(text=response, content_type=“text/html”)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_response.py”, line 471, in init
type(text))
TypeError: text argument must be str (<class ‘dict’>)

Me and HA=not getting along

that happens most of the time when people change something in their dashboard.
dashboard is yaml, so needs to be exactly from indention.
if you have trouble then start small.
first 1 widget, check if you got it right then add another untill you know that you dont make errors anymore.

1 Like

franck addon puts file in appdaemon, other plugin (from other developer) puts in hadaemon. I suggwst you install only one plugin to avoid confusion

I am running hassio and have installed appdaemon 3. My dashboard is working but wanted to install gcosta74 new widgets. Downloaded all of the files and placed them in the appdaemon folder which is in the confg folder. All I get is Unable to find widget type ‘media_with_volume’ message. I don’t see any error messages coming from appdaemon. His instructions in GitHub are:

Placed the files in the directory /conf/custom_widgets edit variables.yaml in your own or the default skin. the lines to add can be found in here in custom_css/default/variables.yaml.

I don’t understand can’t find a “variables.yaml” file so don’t understand his directions. Also the development docs indicate that all you need to do is put all the files in a directory called CUSTOM_WIDGETS.

SOLVED.

I removed the CUSTOM.CSS file from the download and all worked. The downloaded files (CUSTOM.WIDGETS) are stored in the appdaemon directory all of the downloaded files are untouched except for the removal of the CUSTOM.CSS file that was in the download. I guess I made a mistake by saving the entire download and should have just put the CUSTOM.WIDGETS in my appdaemon directory.

Hi, my speaker icon when ON are not green,

media_player:
    entity: media_player.living_room_speaker
    title: Spotify
    title2: Your Subtitle
    step: 3

Hello can You check the status of the media_player entity.

I assume that the status is not “on” but maybe something like “playing”

Can You check and report back. I will try to add something like an active_map attribute in order to tell the widget what states should be interpreted as “on”.

just added the active_map parameter for the Media-Player Switch with volume slider Widget.

Please download updated version from GitHub:

Where in state?

The state is ON or OFF

What is this for, I added it, and nothing changed (and still my icon is gray when is on or off)

yamaha_volume:
    entity: media_player.yamaha_receiver
    title: Yamaha
    icon_style_active: "color: green"
    step: 5
    active_map:
        - playing
        - pause

You will need the active_map only if your speaker (media_player) will not have “on” as state.

Here you see an example from my Yamaha Musiccast-Speaker. When it plays an internet-radio-stream the state goes from “off” to “playing” and not as normally expected to “on”

2018-03-07%2014_27_55-Home%20Assistant

In those cases you have to pass these additional states like “playing” as active_map parameter to the widget.
I assumed that your speaker would work similar to my mussiccast-speaker and that this is the reason why the speaker-icon will still remain “grey”.

Can You post a screenshot of the state from the media_player entity when it is on or maybe riproducing music ?

I would also reccomend to delete the browser cache. After updating my widget the icons remained also grey in my panel. After deleting the browser cache the icons worked again correct.

Another thing that I wanted to mention is that I use appdaemon with the option “dash_force_compile: 1”. I have never tried it differently. Could be a hint.