New widgets: media source select, climate operation mode select and media player with volume slider

Based on the Widgets of ReneTode I made three new widgets for my own Dashboard and I ant to share my results.

You can download them on GitHub:

Please feel free to use them or contribute to improve them. I would be happy if they are of any use and could be part of the standard appdaemon project.

8 Likes

i love it, a custom custom widget :stuck_out_tongue:
1 tiny remark, to make it more understandable what is what it would be very helpfull if you create a picture from a english dashboard :wink:

done :sunglasses:

1 Like

that looks great!

when i am going to use a mediaplayer or a climate widget i will install them. :wink:

Nice work! Does this pull from the source list attribute of the media player? I’m guessing you just add as many your media select as media players you want to add? And it will know to put them in there?

This is going to be great I can tell. One issue with the media select though. Am I suppose to use the same entity? so media_player.living_room is sonos speakers. Would I use that entity for both, and the way you have it setup on yours does that group speakers? thanks!

da@dash:/home/homeassistant/conf/custom_widgets$ ls
baseclimateselect            base_media_with_volume  light_with_colorpicker.yaml
baseclimateselect.css        baseselect              media_with_volume.yaml
baseclimateselect.html       baseslider_new          new_input_slider.yaml
baseclimateselect.js         baseslider_vertical     vertical_input_slider.yaml
base_light_with_colorpicker  basewunderground        wunderground.yaml
basemediaselect              climate_select.yaml
basemediaselect.yaml         input_select.yaml
da@dash:/home/homeassistant/conf/custom_widgets$ 
da@dash:/home/homeassistant/conf/custom_widgets$ cd basemediaselect/
da@dash:/home/homeassistant/conf/custom_widgets/basemediaselect$ 
da@dash:/home/homeassistant/conf/custom_widgets/basemediaselect$ ls
basemediaselect.css  basemediaselect.html  basemediaselect.js
da@dash:/home/homeassistant/conf/custom_widgets/basemediaselect$ 

your_speaker:
    widget_type: media_with_volume
    title: Living Room Sonos
    entity: media_player.living_room
    icon_on: mdi-speaker
    icon_off: mdi-speaker-off
    step: 1

your_speaker2:
    widget_type: media_with_volume
    title: Basement Sonos
    entity: media_player.basement
    icon_on: mdi-speaker
    icon_off: mdi-speaker-off
    step: 1

your_media_select:
  widget_type: media_select
  entity: media_player.living_room
  title: LR Media Select

layout:
    - spacer(8x1)
    - your_speaker(2x2), spacer(4x2), your_speaker2(2x2)
    - 
    - your_media_select(2x2), spacer(6x2)
    - 
    - spacer(8x1)

Yes right it works like this

Also right. You use will have to use the same entity and place them so that you will understand that they belong to the same entity.
My Setup reflects my AirPlay-Enabled Yamaha Speakers that I have stepped with the iTunes component. At the moment there is no equivalent for the Musisccast-Component that will do the same.

What I do is start itunes via the itunes-media_player and then select and control the volume of each speaker.
Like this (sorry but my setup is in italian)

thanks. it works, the volume control works fine. but as you can see in my pic the media select does not work. im using sonos, that pulls all favorites and is show in the pics also. any idea why the select is not working?

nevermind, it wanted that yaml file in a dif area for some reason. it works once i created it…/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/widgets/media_select.yaml

not sure what it is but it doesnt do well with sonos. it will play a song for 1 or 2 seconds and then stop. I can look at the sonos directly and it keeps flipping from play to pause, Ive never seen that behavior withsonos before…

Can you pos a screnshot of the entity like it is displayed in HA with all the attributes ?
Since I do not own a sonos I can not check this behaviour.

yea scroll up a couple messages i posted it the other day along with some info from the cli and a pic of the dashboard

Ok found it. I just compared your sonos entity with mine from yamaha and there is a difference.
The Sonos differs regarding the field media_content_id which is set as Playlist.
Another thing that differs is the field source and then the array source_list.
The source “Radio” is not in the source_list array.
What my widget does is to take a select from the source_list and set it up as state of the entity.
It looks to me that the sonos entity does not work like this.

What happens to the field source when you select a different radio station within HA ? Will it change or stays it to the value “Radio” ?

How did you get the cover art to display in HAdashboard?

theres awhole nother thread that shows how i get mine Need help with appending entity_picture url attribute to ha url

it states is playing. the media title says the station

media_title: 104.3 104.3 Jams Chicago, IL

btw these are connected to my tvs too so sometimes source is tv

Look at the camera widget settings as mentioned in the documentation: https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html#camera

As url enter the url of the entity_picture of your media_player

If you need help than post a screnshot of your media_player-entity like it is displayed in HA.

Dont waste too much of your time. I really appreciate it, i like the look with the volume and was hoping for grouping but no biggie. I spent a lot of my time and pestering @ReneTode to get mine setup. I could never be happy with my dashboards until I got them like this, been in use for over a month with no issues.