NEW Wunderground API for "Personal Weather Stations"

I just got my first personal weather station and it is uploading to Wunderground.

This extension is brilliant!

Has anyone made a nice card for it? Would you mind sharing it?

What is the status now regarding Wundergrund in HomeAssistant and (free) API? Since it is now IBM I beieve public API will be back.

You must have a reporting weather station to request the needed keys.

Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to change the update time of the sensors in the integration of home assistant? I think it is now every 5 min

Five minutes appears to be the setting for the minimum reporting frequency. My sensors update at various frequencies. Usually no more than a minute or two.

in the wunderground application they are updated every minute, but in home assistant every 5 min

in my case

hello again, in case anyone is interested ā€¦ I have edited line 42 of the sensor.py changing:

MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_UPDATES = timedelta (minutes = 5)

to:

MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_UPDATES = timedelta (minutes = 1)

and now my sensors in HA are updated every minute
:heart_eyes: :+1:
update

I had to update it to 2 minutes because it broke

MIN_TIME_BETWEEN_UPDATES = timedelta (minutes = 2)

Hi, itā€™s wonderful extension but the temperature is without decimal. Itā€™s possible to have the temperature with the decimal?

Thanks

Hi, the custom component works fine. Thanks!

I was going to post a new topic, but this might be best - am I right that the current published component doesnt work, because it uses the old api? I cant get it to work but maybe i need an old api keyā€¦

If it is broken, is anyone opposed to me updating it to work with the new api? Its great that theres a custom component, but i would like to use a published component instead - theres a bit more safety there with regard to breaking changes

Can I send data from my HomeAssistant as PWS data for Weather underground?

I would like to see the API updated.

Yeah, Iā€™d like to see this updated as well. Iā€™ve had to make a number of changes to the .py file for things like adding decimal to temp/humidity for graphs.
Iā€™d also love to have other conditions monitored (like windDirectionCardinal). Also all of my 1d conditions (other than ā€˜temp_low_1dā€™) show ā€˜unknownā€™. I donā€™t know why.

I second the request for a card. Anyone have one they are willing to share?

I am a complete noob to HA. Running HA OS on a RPi. Have an Accurite weather station that reports to Weather Underground. Went to Weather Underground, signed in and gat an API. Used the code above with my API and my Weather Station ID and copied into my configuration.yaml file. Checked the file and got an OK. Now, how do I display the information? Created some ā€œgroupā€ code using the ā€œweathaer_overviewā€ example on the home assistant webpage for Weather Underground. Tried adding a card to the Lovelace UI by selecting the name of the group, but the card doesnā€™t show anything. Is that how you are supposed to show the information?

Thanks.

@lcotten: Iā€™ve added an entities-card to the Lovelace UI and put all sensors in there.

Thanks, but no sensors show up as entities.

I added the sensors as explained here:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wunderground-not-working/202379/17?u=heinz

2 Likes

That worked! Thanks for your help.