New xbox integration

Hello,
I added my xbox with the new integration and logged in with my xbox user.
Lots of entities were added, but none of them are remote or media_player.
Any suggestion?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Either there’s something that’s not in the set up instructions that I’m missing or there’s a problem somewhere.

I set up using the new built-in integration and it detected the xbox, went through the authentication process fine. I expected to see a media player and remote component set up but there’s nothing there. I’ve even added them manually thinking that they weren’t created automatically, but that doesn’t work ether.

The xbox does show up as a media source with all of the games, but I’ve looked for the remote and media player entities and they don’t exist.

1 Like

Can anyone help with this?

I’m seeing the same problem. No remote and no media_player entities. I’m only seeing sensors for Xbox live IDs. Any ideas?

+1 on this one, I can see a sensor for my account, but nothing for the device.

I’m seeing the same thing, but wonder if the solution posted here will work:

Worked.
I enabled remote features under Devices & connections in the settings of Xbox One.
Removed the integration and added again.
And it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll give this a go this evening and see if it resolves my issue as well.
If you’re confident it works you should update the documentation to reflect this as a required step. If no-one has done it by the time I make my own confirmation then I’ll submit the change request myself.

I think this is it.
I don’t know how to edit the documentation.

I had the same issue and remote features was already ticked on. This is how I fixed the issue.

Selected the “Test remote Play” (Settings-Remote Features-Test remote Play)
I then had to update my firmware on my remote, as per the test message.
Done the firmware upgrade on my remote.
Selected “Test remote play” and all results came back good.
Deleted the xbox integration in homeassistant
Then added the xbox integration back in and everything was loaded and working in home assitant

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll give this a go later. I checked over the weekend and I already had Remote Features turned on so the fix above was no good for me, but this additional set of steps might do the trick.

Thanks - I managed to connect the media player and remote with this advice - I have added a pull request to the docuemntation to reflect this.

2 Likes

Just to advise I had the same issue. Integration installed, logged in, nothing created.

Remote features was already ticked so followed @paul2nz instructions and my controller needed an update. Uninstalled / Reinstalled but still nothing.

Log shows:

Error processing platform xbox.media_source
12:29:31 – components/xbox/media_source.py (ERROR)

Error setting up entry Home Assistant Cloud for xbox
12:29:31 – components/xbox/api.py (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/xbox/api.py:31 
First occurred: 12:29:31 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:29:31

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 234, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/xbox/__init__.py", line 88, in async_setup_entry
    consoles: SmartglassConsoleList = await client.smartglass.get_console_list()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/provider/smartglass/__init__.py", line 56, in get_console_list
    resp = await self._fetch_list("devices", params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/provider/smartglass/__init__.py", line 369, in _fetch_list
    resp = await self.client.session.get(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/client.py", line 70, in get
    return await self.request(hdrs.METH_GET, url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/client.py", line 53, in request
    await self._auth_mgr.refresh_tokens()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/xbox/api.py", line 31, in refresh_tokens
    await super().refresh_tokens()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/authentication/manager.py", line 72, in refresh_tokens
    self.xsts_token = await self.request_xsts_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/authentication/manager.py", line 147, in request_xsts_token
    resp.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 941, in raise_for_status
    raise ClientResponseError(
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 401, message='Unauthorized', url=URL('https://xsts.auth.xboxlive.com/xsts/authorize')

Hi @Matt_Barnes , did you link your Xbox account using nabu casa or the manual way?

I installed the integration and it opened a web page which I signed in with my Microsoft credentials, it said validated or similar and I could close the page. It was Nabu casa I think, but I do not have Nabu Casa as part of HA.

Also realised I still have the rest server add-on installed, so removing that and starting again.

all done again and still the two errors about setting it up.

will try manual config.

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.integration_platform
Source: components/xbox/media_source.py:47 
First occurred: 13:25:01 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 13:25:01

Error processing platform xbox.media_source
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/integration_platform.py", line 41, in _process
    await process_platform(hass, component_name, platform)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_source/__init__.py", line 52, in _process_media_source_platform
    hass.data[DOMAIN][domain] = await platform.async_get_media_source(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/xbox/media_source.py", line 47, in async_get_media_source
    client = hass.data[DOMAIN][entry.entry_id]["client"]
KeyError: 'ff3cddf60c4268ae40ba5e6ff11079b0'
Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/xbox/api.py:31 
First occurred: 13:25:01 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 13:25:01

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 234, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/xbox/__init__.py", line 88, in async_setup_entry
    consoles: SmartglassConsoleList = await client.smartglass.get_console_list()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/provider/smartglass/__init__.py", line 56, in get_console_list
    resp = await self._fetch_list("devices", params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/provider/smartglass/__init__.py", line 369, in _fetch_list
    resp = await self.client.session.get(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/client.py", line 70, in get
    return await self.request(hdrs.METH_GET, url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/api/client.py", line 53, in request
    await self._auth_mgr.refresh_tokens()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/xbox/api.py", line 31, in refresh_tokens
    await super().refresh_tokens()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/authentication/manager.py", line 72, in refresh_tokens
    self.xsts_token = await self.request_xsts_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xbox/webapi/authentication/manager.py", line 147, in request_xsts_token
    resp.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 941, in raise_for_status
    raise ClientResponseError(
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 401, message='Unauthorized', url=URL('https://xsts.auth.xboxlive.com/xsts/authorize')

Hi

Can anyone confirm what is required to get the XBox One integrated with Media Browser and also how to automate it to turn TV to HDMI 2 if called from Alexa as I cant see anything for the XBox itself, just entities for my Xbox Account.

Thanks

Martyn

Has anyone been able to add more than one xbox? My wife and I have our own xboxes in our offices but only one of them is ever discovered. Is this a known limitation?

This worked for me as well – as a side note, I just needed to reload the integration and remote/media player showed up. Didn’t need to fully remove and add